Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the real deal with Freeney? According to the NFL player association web site Freeney is signed through the 2008 season, but this article says he will be a FA next spring. I find it hard for the Colts to make Mathis a top 10 paid DE and then also give Freeney his monster deal.

Tarick Glenn is going to be a FA soon as well as other guys like Kendyll Pope, Gilbert Gardner, Jason David.

In 2008 Manning has a cap hit of 11.5mil, Harrison 7.6mil, and Cory Simon 5mil.

Titans2004 said:
What is the real deal with Freeney? According to the NFL player association web site Freeney is signed through the 2008 season, but this article says he will be a FA next spring.
he had a two year option, which he didnt exercise.

Thanks for the info.

If Odom, Laboy, Schobel look like they can't handle the job then it sure would be nice to make a run at Freeney. Weaken your enemy while strengthening your own team.

I would think that Freeney would be a holdout if he gets franchised. It sure wouldn't make me happy to have the FO lay out the cash for a 3rd yr player and then expect the superstar to play on a yr to yr basis under the tag.

I think the Colts would look to trade Freeney if they can't sign him. Even franchised means he sucks up even MORE cap space than signing him to a long term deal. So if they can't afford his long term deal, they certainly can't afford his franchise #.

Question is, what would you give up in a trade for Freeney? 2 first rd picks?

I suspect with Dungy as the HC, Freeney won't be going anywhere. If Harrison is outplayed by Wayne, we could see Harrison traded or cut to keep Freeney...a much younger player!

Me...I'd love to get Freeney and have him 'visit' Manning several times a season!!! :)

Gut

Some pony fans are saying that Freeney is a product of the system and wouldn't necessarily be effective in other defensive schemes.

Sounds to me like they are trying to justify a silly notion that Freeney would accept a lesser deal to stay in Indy.

Broken Record said:
Some pony fans are saying that Freeney is a product of the system and wouldn't necessarily be effective in other defensive schemes.
and i would say they're talking about robert mathis.

I would say that Freeney and KVB together would have Mr. Manning talking about his offensive line play a lot more after palying the Tians. They could be a quarterback's nightmare. I say bring him on and join his former teammate on defense. I like it!!

Remember the Schwartz effect.

No matter how much talent their is on D Schwartz will find a way to de-nut them and have them playing like little scared girly men.

I hope this year he's able to admit that he's wrong and let us tear loose after Manning. We need to pressure him. We're not going to get anywhere otherwise.

Do these guys have the same cap figures as the rest of the NFL? Where are they finding all this money? Sounds like the Colts are going to have a Yard Sale of their players after the 2006 season.

Last year a fluke?

Mathis has had two straight double digit sack seasons so i doubt that it was. My guess is that they assume freeney will be gone next year so they wanted to sew this guy up for the long term. They didn't draft any DEs so they will have to fill the void next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back