Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: An arbitrator is scheduled to hear the NFL Players Association's grievance against the Titans on May 16 on behalf of Steve McNair. If the arbitrator rules in McNair's favor, the Titans would have to let him work out at their facility or release him. "It is a situation that cries out for fairness, and we define fairness as he's either a Tennessee Titan or he should be allowed to play with another team," NFLPA general counsel Richard Berthelsen said Tuesday. He has the right to be with the other players to prepare for the upcoming season, to get into football shape and get in a routine with the new receivers and young receivers on the club. If they don't want to do that, then he should be able to go elsewhere."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

He will be re-signed/traded/released before may 16th.

I'm betting with Law coming in for a look, Reese has made his final offer to Mcnair.

I think this kills the chances of us getting a draft pick for him. We are sure to lose this arbitration, and then our choices will be let him work out or release him. So why would anyone give up a pick for a guy who's going to be a free agent in two weeks?

I think we tried to trade him in the draft... wasn't worth much...no he'll be released. He is worth more just being off the payroll...

nigel said:
I think this kills the chances of us getting a draft pick for him. We are sure to lose this arbitration, and then our choices will be let him work out or release him. So why would anyone give up a pick for a guy who's going to be a free agent in two weeks?
Well then, we could just let him workout with the team. That might convince Baltimore that they might not get him without a real trade.

I keep reading that part of the arbitration is that Steve is asking to be released from his contract. Do the arbitrators have the power to void the last year? Would they do that even if we say we'll let 9 back in the door?

I guess the bottom line is that the hearing will probably never happen. Riverman is probably right, we'll probably have some kind of resolution before then. I think everything will shake out next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back