Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
Below is from a Baltimore Sun article...

With the Ravens' playbook in hand for just four days, McNair ran the first-team offense for most of the practice with mixed results.

There were times when his throws were low or behind receivers. His first pass in team drills was completed to tight end Todd Heap, who needed to reach backward to make a one-handed grab. Another pass should have been intercepted by safety Robb Butler, a practice squad player last season.[/
I]

Low and behind receivers? That's what he's been doing in Tennessee the last two seasons....

JDee

If you're going to start useless McNair threads, don't just post about his first day in a new offense and team. Anther perspective:

OTA - 2nd day of practice (06/14)
Steve McNair had a better day today than he did yesterday and it appears as though he and Derrick Mason have hardly skipped a beat in their mutual understanding of each other. The unspoken communication between these two is something that hasn’t been seen in these parts since Bert Jones to Roger Carr connection of the mid 70’s. Today it was evident on a pass play in the red zone that initially looked like a route to the post. McNair seeing that defender Duvol Thompson had inside coverage on Mason, threw the ball over his receiver’s outside shoulder towards the back cone. Mason adjusted and caught the TD pass. The result brought a smile to the face of Brian Billick who kiddingly said to Mason, “that’s just like we drew it up, huh?”

Overall McNair seemed to throw with much more authority today, particularly on passes when he knew where to go with the football. Those plays where he’s feeling his way through seem to cause some minor problems with footwork and in such situations, his ball falls short. That happened once today when McNair tried to utilize his safety valve Jamal Lewis flaring out of the backfield.

OTA - 3rd day of practice (06/15)
http://www.ravens24x7.com/main.aspx?SectionName=topguns

Funny man!

Gunny said:
what the heck does that mean?

It means that if he knows beforehand who is free and doesn't have to read the defence and look at 2nd, 3rd and 4th options, then he was able to complete the pass.

Yippeee!!!
Hooray!!! For Steve!!!
I'm So Glad He's The Greatest Quarterback To Ever Play In Baltimore!!

Hip Hip Hooray!! Hip Hip Hooray!! Hip Hip Hooray!!

flamehead2 said:
Yippeee!!!
Hooray!!! For Steve!!!
I'm So Glad He's The Greatest Quarterback To Ever Play In Baltimore!!

Hip Hip Hooray!! Hip Hip Hooray!! Hip Hip Hooray!!
:sad2:

110694.jpg

who cares what McNair is doing in Baltimore. The only thing that matters is that he gets sacked 10 times and they lose 40-0 when they play the Titans

MacNine said:
If you're going to start useless McNair threads, don't just post about his first day in a new offense and team. Anther perspective:

OTA - 2nd day of practice (06/14)
Steve McNair had a better day today than he did yesterday and it appears as though he and Derrick Mason have hardly skipped a beat in their mutual understanding of each other. The unspoken communication between these two is something that hasn’t been seen in these parts since Bert Jones to Roger Carr connection of the mid 70’s. Today it was evident on a pass play in the red zone that initially looked like a route to the post. McNair seeing that defender Duvol Thompson had inside coverage on Mason, threw the ball over his receiver’s outside shoulder towards the back cone.

Yes, training camp, no pressure, and DMase covered by who? Ovol Thompson? Sure, they've hardly skipped a beat...

I forget who it was but in a previous post someone had mentioned that no matter what happens, McNair is always going to be talked about..I like the guy and what he did foe the Titans but he's on another team now..This is a Titans website not a McNair update site...

cdy_hitt said:
I forget who it was but in a previous post someone had mentioned that no matter what happens, McNair is always going to be talked about..I like the guy and what he did foe the Titans but he's on another team now..This is a Titans website not a McNair update site...

finally, the cat's outta the bag :)

cdy_hitt said:

Hopefully we'll get beyond it somewhat someday

Althought both reactions are understandable. Those who are bitter and those who wish him well. It's just human nature for different people to react differently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back