Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: As of lunchtime today, Steve McNair had not reported to Baptist Sports Park to take his physical. Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said that McNair could pass his physical later in the day but still not participate in the team's OTAs scheduled next week if a trade is close with the Ravens. "If a deal (that means McNair is elsewhere) is imminent, no it doesn’t make sense to put him on the field," Fisher said. "It doesn’t. If a deal ends up getting done, then he needs to move on. Again, I’m a little selfish here now, he’s been our quarterback. I’d love to get this thing worked out and get him under center.”

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

nuh-na-nahh-nahh....nuh-na-nahh-nahh... Hey...hey...

sp-ravens.jpg

goTitans.com said:
SUMMARY: Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said that McNair could pass his physical later in the day but still not participate in the team's OTAs scheduled next week if a trade is close with the Ravens. "Again, I’m a little selfish here now, he’s been our quarterback. I’d love to get this thing worked out and get him under center.”

why does Fisher keep sucking up. When is he going to realize you have to let players go. You can't keep them forever. His loyality IMO goes to far. He needs to worry more about what he has than what he doesn't
If it was left him to him we would still have Eddie George in the backfield :(

You may think it's unprofessional, but I can at least understand that, after working with a player for what, 11 years, you can develop a personal relationship with a player to the extent that you might want to stick in something positive about them when dealing with a problem. I'm sure he has a lot of respect for McNair as well. They've been through a lot together, I'd actually judge him pretty harshly if he just said "well, Steve isn't cutting it, so we're ready to get him out an move on."

Ewker said:
why does Fisher keep sucking up. When is he going to realize you have to let players go. You can't keep them forever. His loyality IMO goes to far. He needs to worry more about what he has than what he doesn't

that's exactly why you keep hearing rumors he might not be back in 2007

McNair in personal relationships is big on respect. Despite the 90% chance he's outta here, Fisher has to allow for the possibility that he could return. If he returned, Fisher would want McNair to feel comfortable and that Fisher is on his side.

Plus, Fisher has no say in the matter anyway so he might as well put a positive spin on this mess since everyone else is just pouring gasoline on the fire!

Gut

Ewker said:

Whats he suppose to say? " F_ _ _ Steve!!! I dont want him back, I wish he would sign with the Ravens so we can move on F_ _ _ him"!!:ha:

super_titan said:
" F_ _ _ Steve!!! I dont want him back, I wish he would sign with the Ravens so we can move on F_ _ _ him"!!:ha:
That sounds like something I would say!

GoT-
summary execution? keep that coming... I like that one!

Riverman- Nice ballsy pic

That leaves the Fisher debate...

over loyal vs. jerk wad...:hmm:

Pros___________Cons - :brow:

super_titan said:
Whats he suppose to say? " F_ _ _ Steve!!! I dont want him back, I wish he would sign with the Ravens so we can move on F_ _ _ him"!!:ha:

yes:brow:

but then he would be accused by people on here for being a hater :)

Coach Fisher also has to keep the respect of the players still on the team older guys and rookies alike. By taking the postion he is on Steve the players can blame Reese and Adams but believe Coach Fisher stands up for his players. Coach knows what he is doing and IMO hes taking the right position. I think Adams is the one who wants McNair gone because he wants VY on the field as soon as possible meaning this year if possible and he knows with Mac thats not going to happen unless Volek gets hurt too. What Bud really wants Bud gets.

fltitan said:
Coach Fisher also has to keep the respect of the players still on the team older guys and rookies alike.

Fisher lost a lot of respect from the older players last yr with the way he handled/pampered the Jones problem, why stop now

Coach Fisher may have lost some respect over the way he handled Pac last year but that will all go away if he has a great year this season. My comment was more aimed at guys like Bullock, Albert and other vets they may be asked to redo their contracts in the future to help the team. This would seem to be a much bigger issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back