Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The First Era Of The Tenneessee Titans...

is finally over. Frank, Eddie, Kearse, Samari and now McNair are all gone. The winning era was actually over a couple of years ago, but now the Titans really are new Titans. Hopefully they are a Titans team on the rise.

I will always have fond memories of this first era of our first (and hopefully only) NFL franchise. Steve was (and is) a warrior and I wish him nothing but the best of luck. I for one will stand up and cheer for him when he walks out on our field this Fall in that putrid purple. After that, I hope he spends the rest of the afternoon on the visitor's bench and on his back under our DL!!!

TinyTitan said:
The First Era Of The Tenneessee Titans is finally over. Frank, Eddie, Kearse, Samari and now McNair are all gone. The winning era was actually over a couple of years ago, but now the Titans really are new Titans. Hopefully they are a Titans team on the rise.
Yep, hopefully the new crop of players can do as well (and better in terms of the super Bowl).

TinyTitan said:
is finally over. Frank, Eddie, Kearse, Samari and now McNair are all gone. The winning era was actually over a couple of years ago, but now the Titans really are new Titans. Hopefully they are a Titans team on the rise.

I will always have fond memories of this first era of our first (and hopefully only) NFL franchise. Steve was (and is) a warrior and I wish him nothing but the best of luck. I for one will stand up and cheer for him when he walks out on our field this Fall in that putrid purple. After that, I hope he spends the rest of the afternoon on the visitor's bench and on his back under our DL!!!

Ditto Tiny!

I feel a little sad about Steve not being a Titan anymore, but gollie gee, I absolutely lothe the Ravens. Steve, I love ya, but I hope your new offensive line protects you well, because you're going to need it!

I guess the team has moved on now.

Trust me, I'll give em good luck at the start of the game, but I'm gonna relish it when KVB drives him to the ground

TitanJeff said:
How ironic is it that Mase, Rolle and McNair would be playing for the Ravens. It's like a friggin' Twilight Zone episode.

Life (and football) can be harsh. :boom:

I know I'm apt to get abused for this, but if the Titans' can't win the Super Bowl this year I hope the Ravens do. My two all time favourite Titans (Rolle and McNair) now wear purple, and I'd be lying if I said it was in me to cheer against them (except of course when they're playing the Flaming Tacks).

I really was hoping a miracle would happen and Steve would stay to help mentor Vince. All I can say is THANK YOU and I'm sorry to that man. I know it's a business, but I can't rememeber a star player, face of a franchise ever being treated like Steve was treated at the end. It's been embarrassing, and made us look bad as an organization. I wish him nothing but the best, and as much as I have hated the Ravens in the past...I will be following the "Balitmore Diet Titans" this year...(when I'm not watching the real deal Titans of course!)

Quote from extremeravens message boards:

"Looks like Ozzie is getting bent over and ridden hard."

Not everyone in Ravens land is happy that Newsome caved in and made the trade.

s

I am dad gum sad to see him go to the titans northeast......but the time had come.....youth needs to be served.....and volek will get his chance (no matter how short a time it is) to show he can do it in the big show before handing off the reigns to what I hope will be the next "young" mcnair...I will truly miss you steve. You made country boys proud everywhere.

Sad to see Steve go, but he and his agent went for the money and I can't blame them. I don't know why so many are against getting Collins. I think he is the best FA Vet out there and will be cheap and we have to get a vet back up.

the only problem i see with volek is that he is better suited for a vertical, downfield passing offense, but norm chow doesn't exactly open it up, so that'll be an interesting thing to watch/look at during TC and preseason...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back