Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: If QB Steve McNair decides today to work out with his team, he'll be welcomed according to Titans GM Floyd Reese. "I don't know if Mac's coming in or not, but he'd certainly be welcome," Reese said. If McNair arrives, he'll likely to do some weightlifting, conditioning and may find someone to throw to. He said that he has contacted McNair's agent Bus Cook to set up another meeting this week. "We'll set up an appointment," he said. "Either he'll come here or I'll go there (to Mississippi)." McNair counts $23.46 million towards the salary cap and has a base of $9 million this year.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

I like the point that some one brought up in another thread. Let Steve show up, throw to some WR, pretend he isn't going any where. Give him a playbook. Let him learn the plays. Then oooppppsss. He "lost" the play book. Come Ravens vs. Titans, the Ravens know the plays.:thumb:

Overalls said:
I like the point that some one brought up in another thread. Let Steve show up, throw to some WR, pretend he isn't going any where. Give him a playbook. Let him learn the plays. Then oooppppsss. He "lost" the play book. Come Ravens vs. Titans, the Ravens know the plays.:thumb:
mason and rolle already had our playbooks. a lot of good that did them.

Overalls said:
Want to bet that Mason didn't bring a Ravens playbook when he was here for a charity golf tourney a couple of weeks ago and "lost" it in McNair's vicinity?

i think teams see enough of each other through film study that knowledge of the opponenets playbook really doesn't mean as much as people think
you can learn alot how teams execute certain plays out of cetain sets

The whole playbook thing is blown way out of proportion.

Football isn't rocket science....I'll guarantee you that 90% of every team's playbook is the same as any other team. I mean, there are only so many variations on running off-tackle, or running a skinny post. The key is to keep the defense off balance, identify vulnerabilities, and take advantage of mismatches.

It's one thing to know what a team is going to do....stopping them can be another thing entirely.

exactly....

good example: when i played high school football for my state powerhouse team here in va, we had about 10-20 we scripted before each game, but no one could stop it any of them, i swear we had ran it out of atleast 10 different formations, and lemme tell ya the defense knew what was coming and they still couldn't stop us....

but of course that was high school and this is the nfl, but honestly, the only difference is the playbook is much bigger and more complex, especially as far as the play calling can go

high school play: Bunch right 80 Over X Stop and Go

pro play-twins right scram left 497 titan
the 4, 9, and 7 tell the X Z and Y receivers which routes to run basically and "scram left" would be the protection call, it may seem difficult to some

but to me, i study tape a lot and it just comes naturally to me, especially of the titans...

and lemme tell you folks something, if norm chow ever get the pieces together for his offense and makes it gel and work, lord how mercy, we will be a top 5 offense in the league guaranteed. something tells me VY and lendale are the final additions...

AABF08JohnMaddenPatSummerall.jpg

the question is, if mcnair does come back to baptist park, i'm sure the guys will embrace him, and so will the coaches, but how will he feel?

Sledge said:
but how will he feel?

If he's a professional he'll know there's a difference between playing the sport of football and playing the business of football.

Of course, he amy feel bad that, barring a trade, he's forcing the Titans to fire one or more of his teammates to accomodate his salary...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back