Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are at least 3 flavors of XP and that works ok (Pro, Home and Media Center Edition), but I agree 6 versions of Vista is going to be confusing, at least at first.

Broken Record said:
There are at least 3 flavors of XP and that works ok (Pro, Home and Media Center Edition), but I agree 6 versions of Vista is going to be confusing, at least at first.

but all six will be for different purposes so I dont think it will be that confusing for people who know what they are doing.

Gunny said:
yeah, those big businesses are clueless :rolleyes:
Ya, there are. Otherwise they would be using Macs.
The overall percentage of people in America know very little about a computer. I work in a computer lab and I am amazed on how little the people know who come in asking questions

so the biggest company in the computing world caters to 90% of people who know nothing.

I havent heard anything more stupider then that.

maximus said:
Ya, there are. Otherwise they would be using Macs.
The overall percentage of people in America know very little about a computer. I work in a computer lab and I am amazed on how little the people know who come in asking questions

good post

Just because thousands of people use Windows (which usually isn't by "choice" but because their $500 PC came bundled with it), doesn't mean they know what they're doing

sure, there are gonna be a handful of IT geeks who'll know what's going on,but your average user will either under or overbuy the product

I forsee mass confusion
and a few new Mac users because of it

Puck said:
good post

Just because thousands of people use Windows (which usually isn't by "choice" but because their $500 PC came bundled with it), doesn't mean they know what they're doing

sure, there are gonna be a handful of IT geeks who'll know what's going on,but your average user will either under or overbuy the product

I forsee mass confusion
and a few new Mac users because of it

So because one lab has a few clueless people it translates into the majority of America being clueless?

half of the people that have computers no little more what to do with it than go online, check email and play solitaire

people take their PC's to CompUsa / BestBuy / etc.. to get some pretty basic tasks performed. i bet alot of people don't even know what 'msconfig' is or does and certainly not why

Gunny said:
So because one lab has a few clueless people it translates into the majority of America being clueless?
When it comes to a computer, a majority of America can write a paper, burn/rip cds, and surf the net. Very few(relatively) can use Excel to a descent extent and know PowerPoint enough to make it look good.
Ask an American what C++ is?-Most have no clue.

Actually, there are going to be 8 versions. 2 of them are for Europe only with WMP stripped out.

MS is going to confuse people too much. I can understand the value of multiple versions, but they have too many. Yet people will still buy Vista...

didn't we have this same discussion like a month ago?

I gurantee Bill Gates is taking care of Bill Gates with 6 versions of Vista that much is a given.

GoT said:
didn't we have this same discussion like a month ago?

I gurantee Bill Gates is taking care of Bill Gates with 6 versions of Vista that much is a given.
I wish Bill Gates would take care of maximus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back