Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
rly.jpg

Garden State - 9/10
This movie is literally the story of my life.

Glory - 9/10
I have waited too long to see this movie. Finally got around to seeing it.

I watched The Crazies and Extraordinary Measures last night.

The Crazies is just another modern Horror flick that comes up way short. popcorn fun with your drunk buddies kind of movie. 5/10

Extraordinary Measures is a really good film, and if you have kids you'll like it even more.

7.5/10

Repo Men - 6.5/10... One bad a scene... other than that just meh.

Clash of the Titans - 7/10

Hot Tub Time Machine - 7.5/10

Boogie Nights - 7/10

Up in the Air - 7/10... overrated

Repo Men was ridiculous. It jumped the shark about five minutes in, and kept topping itself, in a bad way. About 1/3 of the way through, my friend and I had to start talking to each other to make sure that we were really seeing how bad it was. They tried to fix it with the final scene, and that did help, but not nearly enough. There's some things that you can't take back, and there were a lot of those things in that movie. Probably required the most suspension of disbelief of almost ANY movie that I've ever seen, and I couldn't come close to meeting that requirement.

Terrible. I lost some respect for both Jude Law and Forrest Whitaker.

A Nightmare On Elm Street - I'll put it this way, I had the option of seeing this or How To Train Your Dragon in 3D. Picking this film was the worst decision of my week.

Ugh.

Marky Mark wishes..

There's no way it's real, but if it somehow is... that's pretty damn impressive.

Repo Men was ridiculous. It jumped the shark about five minutes in, and kept topping itself, in a bad way. About 1/3 of the way through, my friend and I had to start talking to each other to make sure that we were really seeing how bad it was. They tried to fix it with the final scene, and that did help, but not nearly enough. There's some things that you can't take back, and there were a lot of those things in that movie. Probably required the most suspension of disbelief of almost ANY movie that I've ever seen, and I couldn't come close to meeting that requirement.

Terrible. I lost some respect for both Jude Law and Forrest Whitaker.

I didn't think it was that bad. Nothing special. If it weren't for the last action scene, I would have given it a 3 or 4/10. Without that, the movie was nothing... and the ending was lame as hell as well.

Date Night - 8.5/10... Much funnier than I expected.

The Losers - 8/10... I ended up enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would. Solid action, decent comedy.

Iron Man 2 - It's about what you'd expect from a good sequel to an action film. Downey Jr. did his usual steez as Starks, and Paltrow is nice as Potts, while Cheadle and Johansson are given very little to be any more than mediocre. However, it's the villains that really shine here, and I'm going to go on a small spiel here. Sam Rockwell takes an otherwise obnoxious, forgettable character and makes him an absolute scene stealer - I could watch Rockwell do his thing in any film honestly. Rourke is criminally under-utilized, but the small amount of time he does get, he is powerful. He's very subtle in his mannerisms, his facial expressions, and delivery. I could totally see his character being portrayed as a total ham-job, but kudos to Rourke for being so understated.

Plot is good, the writing is below average that is salvaged by a corps of talented actors who over-achieve on a boring script, and the action is a huge improvement on the first film, both in quality and quantity. My complaint lies in the same area as the first, which is the final showdown with the main antagonist. While certainly not as lame as the Obediah showdown, the payoff is pretty lame after a very epic set up.

I liked the film, and it's a good start to the summer film season.

8/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back