Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Book of Eli

A Fist full of Dollars meets I am Legend

Very basic plot with weak religious message. Good characters,beautiful cinematography.

7/10

REC2: sequel to the Spanish release REC which was remade and known as Quarantine in the US. Though REC was far superior to Quarantine and surprisingly, REC2 is an improvement on REC. Nonstop intense horror and a few shocking scenes. Where Quarantine was based on an out of control contagion of rabies, the REC & REC2 contagion is something entirely different. Lamberto Bava fans will dig it no doubt..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m0-gVB-U5is&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m0-gVB-U5is&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Get Him to the Greek - 7.5/10

I love Apatow. This one was funny, but nothing compared to Forgetting Sarah Marshall or Knocked Up. It was better than Funny People, but I'm pretty sure all of Apatow's films were better than that. Loved the Brand/Hill chemistry much more in FSM. Brand was infinitely times better in FSM than in Greek.

REC2: sequel to the Spanish release REC which was remade and known as Quarantine in the US. Though REC was far superior to Quarantine and surprisingly, REC2 is an improvement on REC. Nonstop intense horror and a few shocking scenes. Where Quarantine was based on an out of control contagion of rabies, the REC & REC2 contagion is something entirely different. Lamberto Bava fans will dig it no doubt..

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m0-gVB-U5is&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m0-gVB-U5is&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Respectfully disagree that Rec 2 is better than Rec 1. A lot of the mystery of the virus is gone once you know how Rec 1 ended. You know what to expect for most of the film. However, the ending was kind of cool, and I liked the twist even though it was fairly predictable.

I did like the film though, but I thought Rec 1 was a special modern horror film.

I love Apatow. This one was funny, but nothing compared to Forgetting Sarah Marshall or Knocked Up. It was better than Funny People, but I'm pretty sure all of Apatow's films were better than that. Loved the Brand/Hill chemistry much more in FSM. Brand was infinitely times better in FSM than in Greek.

We laffed our asses off non-stop during The Greek - meanwhile the rest of the theater, filled with early 20 somethings and late teens seemed to miss all the gags and barely enjoyed it at all. We agreed afterwards that it was probably the Rock n Roll element that was lost on the kids.

Respectfully disagree that Rec 2 is better than Rec 1. A lot of the mystery of the virus is gone once you know how Rec 1 ended. You know what to expect for most of the film. However, the ending was kind of cool, and I liked the twist even though it was fairly predictable.

I did like the film though, but I thought Rec 1 was a special modern horror film.

Problem for me was that I saw Quarantine right before REC. Had I seen REC first, who knows. Both RECS were great in my book.

We laffed our asses off non-stop during The Greek - meanwhile the rest of the theater, filled with early 20 somethings and late teens seemed to miss all the gags and barely enjoyed it at all. We agreed afterwards that it was probably the Rock n Roll element that was lost on the kids.

Don't get me wrong... I LMAO throughout the movie, but not like I did with FSM.

I agree, I loved both movies. I thought Greek went a little far at times with things, but dammit if the Jeffery scene wasnt one of the funniest things I have seen in a movie EVER. "Pet the wallllllllllllllllllllll"

That's a shame. I haven't seen Quarantine, but I heard it was basically exactly the same, just more mediocre.

It is basically is the same movie but just doesn't feel as "real" for lack of a better term. Probably Jennifer Carpenter, who always seems like she just did a few bumps of Walt's blue meth. Of course the over-shown preview showed the big last scene of the movie so matter-of-factly - as the movie goes on you realize that you already know the ending. Kind of a bummer.

I Love You, Man - 9/10

Now that I own this and Forgetting Sarah Marshall on blu-ray, I don't have to worry about getting bored. I freakin' love this movie.

Karate Kid - Wow, tottally loved this movie. Even though the story was different, the premise was the same. I loved the origional and this was just as good if not better. I wish the ending would have been similar to the origional. Those that are scared of seeing this because it is a remake....dont be. 9.5/10

Toy Story 3 - Another great flick. Wifey loved it, son loved it, I even laughed at a few parts. 9.5/10

There's no way I can see The Karate Kid remake. The characters are named different, and seeing Will Smith's kid try to replace Ralph Macchio ain't happenin'.

As for Toy Story 3, I can't wait to see it. Toy Story was my favorite movie as a kid... I think I was 5 or 6 when it came out. I must see it in 3D, but good Lord $13 for a movie is insane.

whats wrong with you guys wanting to see animated cartoons? my wife took my daughter to see Toy Story 3 today and i stayed home to watch Green Zone. i seriously cannot stand animated kid movies, the bore me to death.

anyways, Green Zone was ok but nothing you guys need to rush out and rent when it comes out. the Action was weak, i guess you might like the story if you really care about iraq. i give it a 4/10.

and $13 for a movie is a rip off, for a family of 3 that goes to see Toy Story 3 and get a snack and drink. it'll be around 50+ bucks. not including gas to get there. And they wonder why more people Pirate movies!

whats wrong with you guys wanting to see animated cartoons? my wife took my daughter to see Toy Story 3 today and i stayed home to watch Green Zone. i seriously cannot stand animated kid movies, the bore me to death.

anyways, Green Zone was ok but nothing you guys need to rush out and rent when it comes out. the Action was weak, i guess you might like the story if you really care about iraq. i give it a 4/10.

and $13 for a movie is a rip off, for a family of 3 that goes to see Toy Story 3 and get a snack and drink. it'll be around 50+ bucks. not including gas to get there. And they wonder why more people Pirate movies!

Where's your inner-child, Jesse?

It's different for me though because I was so young when the movies came out. If I was in my teens I would probably have never seen it.

As for Green Zone... wow, that movie sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back