Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may Netflix it once it's out, but I'm definitely not going to be seeing it in theaters.

Just got back from The A-Team - 8.5/10

Really enjoyed this one. I wasn't expecting it to be that good.

I saw Iron Man 2 on Friday and thought it was as good, if not better, than the first.

8.5/10.

I hope to see Toy Story 3 and Karate Kid soon.

Toy Story 3 - Saw this with my dad for Father's Day. I generally like Pixar films (hated Cars, didn't like Up, though). I thought this is probably the most mature, dark, layered plot Pixar has ever done. Some of the themes are heavy, like grown up heavy, told allegorically through toys becoming un-needed through time. I noticed the writing had less emphasis on falling back on cheap jokes for children and adults (although there still is some good stuff here, specifically the "Ken" jokes), while focusing more on bringing to life a lot of likable characters. I generally liked the characters, and for the first time in maybe any cartoon/3D film, I felt invested in their plight.

I thought the middle and climax of the film were absolutely the best scenes I've seen out of Hollywood all year, bar none. Didn't care for the ending though, thought it was too forced. Also, for those skeptical or thinking the movie is too kiddish, this is probably the darkest Pixar film yet, in a good way.

9.5/10 - Easily the best film I've seen this year.

KamikaZ, you're making me want to see it more and more. Sounds awesome.

I refuse to see it unless it's in 3D though, but that'll cost me $13 ($11.50 for matinee), and I don't have that money. I'll probably wait 'til one of my friends who work at a theater will let me in.

Toy Story 3 was a joke compared to the first two.

Why do you say that? I've heard great things about it from friends/folks on the forum.

Btw, this happens with a lot of blockbuster summer movies when they're first released. They had The Dark Knight ranked #2 of all time during the first month of its release.

It'll definitely drop from #8, but not too far. I was surprised to see it ranked that high.

T and I just got back from a matinee showing of The Karate Kid.

Holy crap... it's actually good. I swore it was gonna be a trainwreck.

7.5/10, losing a point for being a remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back