Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave up on M. Night a long, long time ago. He gets no more of my money.

Dude seriously needs to stop making movies. I thought about seeing this one just because it's 3D and the effects may be cool, but I can't support Mr. Shyamalan no matter what.

The good news concerning The Last Airbender is that he didn't write it or conceive it in any way... it was already a popular Nickelodean anime series.

The good news concerning The Last Airbender is that he didn't write it or conceive it in any way... it was already a popular Nickelodean anime series.

Yea, but from what I've heard even fans of the anime series hate the movie.

You would think you could get at least some love for a 3D movie with good special effects.

Yeah, but here's news: special effects aren't very special any more. Without good storytelling they're nothing... just ask George Lucas.

Avatar had good effects and average storytelling, but got points for the world that he imagined in Pandora. 2012 was loaded with as much special effects as the destruction of the entire planet could entail, but was still garbage. If MNS didn't tell the Airbender story well one might as well just sit around watching the movie trailer on iTunes to enjoy the special effects.

i just got The Killers. i'll let you know what i think later tonight.

suspense_woman_small.jpg

lol the Killers was meh, Sound track was pretty weak which sets he tone for the movie, the gun fights and what few action parts it had could be done by a good Adobe Action Essentials user. it had funny parts that helped save the movie from a total flop. 5/10

i recommend you guys to get this from a Red Box rental when it comes to dvd at the end of August.

i have to be Honest, i started watching Clash of The Titans and lost interest, it's just to far fetched to me and the battles are drawn out to long. plus ive never really liked movies set in that time era. i prob wont ever finish the movie so im not even gonna review it.

maybe one of you guys can get into it and review it when it comes to dvd.

He's already whoring this thread either way.

As for Clash of the Titans... it was okay. It had a good cast with Neeson, Fiennes, and Worthington. It could have been so much better. I enjoyed seeing it in 3D. Without that spec, it probably wouldn't be any good.

Predators - Huge fan of this franchise, that is Predator 1 and 2, so I was very skeptical, practically going into the theater with a frown and my arms crossed. That said, I thought this was excellent for what it was. It's arguably the most polished of all the films, definitely the most well-acted. I thought it was reasonably well-written in terms of plot, although some of the dialogue felt corny, and not in the fun 80/90s action movie way. I liked Brody in the role more than I expected, and I thought Goggins, Braga, and the rest of the cast was solid. The Predators I thought were a little more unseen than in installments past (although I didn't mind the re-designs for the "Super" Predators). I also thought there were WAY too many homages to films not even IN the franchise (references to Scarface, Aliens, Alien, etc.), but I liked the nods to the original Predator. I also thought the beginning of the film (i.e. the jungle portions) were the strongest, with a sag in the middle, and then a pretty enjoyable conclusion.

Overall, this is a solid film, one I would add to my collection as an action/sci-fi fan.

8.5/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back