Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctcURFb7XE4

Super: The latest regular guy superhero flick, with a twist of Troma. A few decent laughs and a fair share of gross out moments. One of the better Ellen Paige roles as a spazoid comic book nut. Her antics showing off her "skills" made me chuckle. Never expected to see Dwight from The Office get it on with Liv Tyler or get raped by a 'gushy' Ellen Paige...

Lol did they get sued by the makers of "Kick As$" yet?

Super 8 - 8/10

Spielberg's best movie since Munich IMO... though all other movies since that time have pretty much sucked. It definitely had that old school Spielberg feel to it and reminded me, at times, of Close Encounters, The Goonies, and E.T. I'm not saying it was as good or anywhere as good as those movies, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Also, to settle the argument on the monster looking like the one from Cloverfield... Uhhhh no. Not even close.

Bad Teacher - 1/10

One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Chuckled once for one second at the most. I felt like Jesse watching a crappy illegally downloaded movie. This and "Your Highness" have to be the worst movies of the year so far. They're definitely the two worst movies I've seen in the past 5 years... and I've seen some bad ones.

Super 8. 4/10

I'm never seeing another movie that JJ Abrams is associated with. Nothing he makes has a point. Cloverfield sucked. Super 8 sucked. Lost sucked. JJ Abrams sucks. The kids in it actually did a pretty a good job though.

X-Men: First Class. 9.5/10

Absolutely Fantastic. I think this was the best X-Men movie yet, better than X2. I'm hoping they restart the franchise after this one as if the first three were never made. Michael Fassbender is becoming one of my favorite actors.

Pirates of the Caribbean 4 5/10

Better than the third installment. More adventurous, but just not a whole lot of purpose. Jack Sparrow is a great character, he just can't be the focal point of a movie. I also dislike Penelope Cruz with a passion, so that didn't help.

Super 8. 4/10
I'm never seeing another movie that JJ Abrams is associated with. Nothing he makes has a point. Cloverfield sucked. Super 8 sucked. Lost sucked. JJ Abrams sucks. The kids in it actually did a pretty a good job though.

Star Trek was pretty good. LOST was incredible for the first 4 seasons. I thought Cloverfield was ok and Super 8 would have been great if Cloverfield wasn't made.

X-Men: First Class. 9.5/10

Absolutely Fantastic. I think this was the best X-Men movie yet, better than X2. I'm hoping they restart the franchise after this one as if the first three were never made. Michael Fassbender is becoming one of my favorite actors.

I take back my original rating as I was too harsh on the CGI, although I thought it was still pretty bad, but the movie had too many good moments so I'll give First Class a 8/10. Other than the bad make up and CGI, my only other knock would be I felt they rushed the ending because they wanted to be close to the 2 hour mark, honestly I thought a 2 and a half hour movie would have worked better.

If you don't count the The Dark Knight as a comic book movie, if not for the bad CGI, then I'd consider First Class the best comic book movie ever made.

Considering the Troma association in this film (Gunn, Lloyd Kaufman etc) it might just be the other way around in regard to the suing. The Toxic Avenger was doing this stuff in the 80's...

Yeah, the 80's, not a year later lol.

If you're going to knock Shia for playing Shia all the time, then Juno chick deserves the same criticism. :)

Super 8 - 8/10

Spielberg's best movie since Munich IMO... though all other movies since that time have pretty much sucked. It definitely had that old school Spielberg feel to it and reminded me, at times, of Close Encounters, The Goonies, and E.T. I'm not saying it was as good or anywhere as good as those movies, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Also, to settle the argument on the monster looking like the one from Cloverfield... Uhhhh no. Not even close.

Super 8 monster
http://i.imgur.com/6H5yb.jpg

Cloverfield monster
http://www.deviantart.com/download/75275530/Cloverfield_Monster_by_Blackheart73191.jpg

Star Trek was pretty good. LOST was incredible for the first 4 seasons. I thought Cloverfield was ok and Super 8 would have been great if Cloverfield wasn't made.

I didn't know he was associated with Star Trek, which I just watched recently. He gets a gold star for that one, but he's still on my **** list.

Those are not good comparisons. Give me actual shots from the movie that can be compared. Either way, the Cloverfield monster is probably 10 times bigger and looks completely different.

How are they not good comparisons when those are the artwork designs? The movie shots are really dark and only show a close up of the monsters for a brief moment.

Doesn't matter if it was bigger, IMO the monster in Super 8 was based off the design in Cloverfield and unimaginative changes were made.

*Spoiler alerts*

Lol bro they are not even close. Seriously Abrams himself said they are nothing alike. They have nothing in common. Nothing. Mouth, eyes, size, color,movement, arms, ears, sound, motivations... nothing is even close.

Clover is like 100 times larger.

Clover is like some weird ocean creature with giant fleas that make people explode.

Super 8 is like a 20ft tall super intelligent spider gorilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back