Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've come to the conclusion that this summer has absolutely sucked for movies.

Pirates 4: sucked. Hangover 2: sucked. Super 8: sucked. X-Men: fantastic.

Hollywood needs to stop with the super hero movies, most of them suck. The only movie left in the summer that I'm semi looking forward to is Cowboys and Aliens.

With all due respect, you guys watch some weird movies lol.

Why even spend the time to post something like this, and still put in the caveat "with all due respect".

If you're going to come in and call people's taste weird, don't be safe and put in some bulls**** caveat like that.

Before I get off-topic of the already off-topic Super 8 monster discussion... anyone notice how the stoner guy (Donny) was the kid from 7th Heaven? lol

What should we be watching?

Fast Times at Ridgemont High
The Breakfast Club
Howard the Duck
House Party 1,2, and 3
Any Tyler Perry movie

People say I'm lame when it comes to movies these days. Would rather watch a Lifetime movie these days over any movie that comes out in theaters. Seriously, the last movie I have seen at the theater is Nutty Professor.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High
The Breakfast Club
Howard the Duck
House Party 1,2, and 3
Any Tyler Perry movie

People say I'm lame when it comes to movies these days. Would rather watch a Lifetime movie these days over any movie that comes out in theaters. Seriously, the last movie I have seen at the theater is Nutty Professor.

Welp, can't say this thread will be of much value to ya..

Troll Hunter was awesome. I watched it a few weeks ago.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon 60%

I loved Transformers growing up. I had the toys and watched the movie everyday even though it came out quite a few years before I was old enough watch the originals. This one better than the second one but not as good as the first.
The movie was stupid yet entertaining.
The Bayformers are really nothing like the characters I grew up with but the movie was entertaining anyway. If you got a couple hours to kill go see it.

Have a few pints first.

See it in 3D

*Spoiler alerts*

Lol bro they are not even close. Seriously Abrams himself said they are nothing alike. They have nothing in common. Nothing. Mouth, eyes, size, color,movement, arms, ears, sound, motivations... nothing is even close.

Why would he say they're the same lol.

I see a strong resemblance.

So KamikaZ (someone else who also didn't love the movie), did you see a resemblance between the two monsters?

Just saw The Road again on HBO. I'm surprised that movie didn't get more critical acclaim/attention than it did. Duvall's cameo was great.

Why would he say they're the same lol.

I see a strong resemblance.

So KamikaZ (someone else who also didn't love the movie), did you see a resemblance between the two monsters?

The only resemblance I saw was that I thought they were dull and uninteresting. I thought both were pretty lackluster in design, but then I again I tend to hate CGI.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Here's the problem with this movie: in the first 90 minutes, there was too much talking, and we know talking isn't Bay's strength, so every time there was an extended period of dialogue, it was bad. Bay tried making a complex story, tying historic and iconic events with Transformers for that first 90 minutes, and it just didn't work for me and I found myself pretty damn bored.

The last 45 minutes is when Bay plays to his strengths, which was one long battle where Bay goes all out with the special effects, and the visuals were absolutely stunning. The collapsing skyscraper scene you see in the trailer was insane and by far the best scene.

The other problem was that there were too many new Decepticons got too little screen time, and they were all silver, so some of the fight scenes got confusing because it was hard to tell who was who.

I notice most people praising the first one, and I don't think that's because the first one was just that much better than the last two, I think it's because the first one was groundbreaking due to the audience seeing CGI and special effects taken to that level for the first time.

With that being said, it was an improvement over the second (which isn't saying much), if you liked the first one and for the incredibly stunning CGI and special effects (best one yet), it's worth the 3D admission. And if you plan to see it, it's a must see in 3D.

This one was also a lot more violent than the first two, not being a wuss about showing human deaths on screen.

6.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back