Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which GDT film was a children's movie?

Was he thinking Pan's Labyrinth? Because I thought that was actually the most mature GDT film. I guess The Devil's Backbone could be a cool "late night ghost story" kind of film - I would have loved the s*** out of that as a kid.

That was my point in the previous post, that Pan's Labyrinth wasn't a children's movie. M. Night tried to do his own version but Lady in the Water would have served better as a children's a movie.

I thought Signs was a great movie about a man trying to restore his faith until the final act when the alien shows up, the poorly executed ending brought down the movie for me.

SPOILERS

It could have been a great movie if not for one giant plot hole. 97% of Earth is covered in water. Why try to take over a planet that is not only almost entirely covered by your one weakness, but that weakness also randomly falls from the sky?

That was one of the movies when you walk out of the theater feeling gypped because one thing in the whole movie.

I lol'd at how stupid the movie looked when the first trailer came out, but after seeing this trailer, it started to grow on me and I actually want to see it now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaK6khs8aMw

It's been getting pretty good reviews so far and at times the CGI looks really, really good. And after the 2001 train wreck, the franchise really needed this.

SPOILERS

It could have been a great movie if not for one giant plot hole. 97% of Earth is covered in water. Why try to take over a planet that is not only almost entirely covered by your one weakness, but that weakness also randomly falls from the sky?

That was one of the movies when you walk out of the theater feeling gypped because one thing in the whole movie.

maybe its their only option.

From Tim Sullivan (a trusted source)
"STOP what you're doing and see RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES- Hands down the best movie of the summer so far. Intelligent, emotional, provocative, gripping- and guess what, kiddies? It's NOT in 3D. It's NOT in IMAX. It's NOT a mind numbing,cut a minute to detract that the script/acting sucks. It relies on STORY and CHARACTERIZATION! Wow- what a concept! GO APE THIS WEEKEND! Trust me!"

It's NOT a mind numbing,cut a minute to detract that the script/acting sucks. It relies on STORY and CHARACTERIZATION! Wow- what a concept!

And that, my friends, is why The Social Network has been one of the more engaging films that I have seen on the big screen in the past several years.

I was looking forward to the summer blockbuster fun of Cowboys And Aliens and Captain America, but after reading their reviews I cringe at the thought. Traci was going to take me to see Captain America tomorrow... perhaps she should save her money?

From Tim Sullivan (a trusted source)
"STOP what you're doing and see RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES- Hands down the best movie of the summer so far. Intelligent, emotional, provocative, gripping- and guess what, kiddies? It's NOT in 3D. It's NOT in IMAX. It's NOT a mind numbing,cut a minute to detract that the script/acting sucks. It relies on STORY and CHARACTERIZATION! Wow- what a concept! GO APE THIS WEEKEND! Trust me!"

I don't think the first trailer did the movie justice which is why I initially didn't want to see it. But after the trailer in my previous post, it looks like the movie actually has a story with emotional depth to it.

And that, my friends, is why The Social Network has been one of the more engaging films that I have seen on the big screen in the past several years.

I was looking forward to the summer blockbuster fun of Cowboys And Aliens and Captain America, but after reading their reviews I cringe at the thought. Traci was going to take me to see Captain America tomorrow... perhaps she should save her money?

Movies like captain America aren't like the social network, doesn't try to be and never will be.

They're different movies aimed at different audiences.

SPOILERS

Because it said to do so in the script, duh.

The Last King of Scotland

Honestly I don't even need to review this movie, just go watch it for Forest Whitaker's portrayal of Idi Amin. He was so good, there were moments where you forget it's a movie and he actually scares the crap outta' you. The brilliant thing about his portrayal was, as crazy and evil as he was, he had this certain charm about him that sucks you in and makes it impossible for you to hate him. What kind of charm would that be you might ask? Think Heath Ledger's Joker.

Just so I don't snub James McAvoy like the Oscars did, he was great and at least out of the movies I've seen, definitely should have gotten the nomination over Djimon Hounsou, Alan Arkin and Mark Wahlberg.

8/10

SPOILERS

War of the Worlds.

SPOILERS

Signs is POS. The guy has not made a single good film since 6th sense & Unbreakable.

There aren't any movies coming out this year that I'm excited to see...honestly. Just saying. Anyone looking forward to anything in particular? I know I can't wait to see Fincher's take on "Girl with a Dragon Tattoo". Thaaaaaaat's about it.

I want to see Captain America and maybe the POTA movie (I've heard mixed things about both).

So we went to see Captain America last night, and I gotta say it was right enjoyable. Hugo Weaving never ceases to be creepy, and was well-cast as Red Skull. The treatment of CA as a comic hero and his overly theatrical original outfit were entertaining and helped to soften the edge between the Marvel Universe and real world war history. Overall good summer entertainment.

Sweet Home

The Movie/Game that came out in 1989 that inspired Resident Evil. The game is quite scary despite being on NES and a story so messed up can compete with Silent Hill. Not to mention the most messed up part in the whole movie (and game) is VERY VERY VERY disturbing.

Game is pretty much the same as the movie or so I hear since I can't play the game(released in Japan only) I'm watching the movie on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back