Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw Tarzan at the drive in last night.
Pretty real awful. Real pretty awful..
Well that's disappointing to hear. It minda sucks when tech becomes available to tell a story in grand cinematic scale and it flops. I was kinda hoping they'd get it right this time.

Well that's disappointing to hear. It minda sucks when tech becomes available to tell a story in grand cinematic scale and it flops. I was kinda hoping they'd get it right this time.

They weren't even trying to get it right.
It was just the name "Tarzan" run through the pop movie machine.

I will only watch cause its a monkey movie... I love monkey movies

well that sucks

I love monkey movies too.
It's not clear what the hell kind of monkeys these were. Fictional Congo Apes maybe? Looked like gorillas, acted like chimps.. Mostly looked like they stole bits of that last King Kong movie..

The real thing can be pretty entertaining as well..

The back and forth of critics and fans/nonfans since Ghostbusters finally got viewed/released is fascinating.

A lot of critics I'm not sure of, on both sides. Roeper's(sp?) review from Chicago is surprising. Thought he usually gave Feig's movies decent reviews. He destroyed this one.

Crazy.

The back and forth of critics and fans/nonfans since Ghostbusters finally got viewed/released is fascinating.

A lot of critics I'm not sure of, on both sides. Roeper's(sp?) review from Chicago is surprising. Thought he usually gave Feig's movies decent reviews. He destroyed this one.

Crazy.
The Guardian and Buzzed loved it. Surprise!

The Guardian and Buzzed loved it. Surprise!
I read a positive review that said it was a funny cast, said everything else was kind of weak. That's nota positive worthy review... that's an "ok" worthy review.

I've felt this would end up being ok. Not great, not terrible. But some reviews are extreme... BOTH WAYS.

:popcorn:

My favorite has been one proclaiming it funnier and scarier than the original.

Fine... comedy can be subjective. But scarier? I have an incredibly hard time believing a movie with so many vivid colors can be very scary.

I'm beginning to wonder how many of these reviews are made in fear of being labelled a mysogynist or some nonsense.
A lot.

If you read a lot of the good reviews... good cast. The rest of the review typically names flaws and pokes at misogyny, or similar.

So, in other words... reviews that come across as average, at best, rate higher.

Lol it wasn't nearly that bad imo. I'll never watch it again but I've definitely seen a lot worse.
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, the Raptors and T-Rex gave each other a nod of approval and went their separate ways.

latest

The whole training the Raptors like pets thing is what killed it for me. Also the thing coming out of the water and grabbing the Andominus Rex was kind of stupid as well. At least they tried to include some of the old stuff to at least attempt a good "old time" feel. The movie overall is forgettable though.

This is one of the reviewers I was waiting for. I've been watching his stuff a lot recently and think he is a pretty straightforward and honest critic. I really like his thoughts on movies.

His assessment is pretty much what I've suspected... ok. Not great. Not bad. Ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back