Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Jason goes to Manhattan movie is beyond turrible, but my new least favorite is the one where he's jumping bodies. They tried, and failed.
The space one is surprisingly better than both of those..
The setting has a lot to do with it as well. NJ/CA installments felt right, but when they moved shooting to Georgia and Alabama it never seemed correct.
Yeah "Jason Rides a Boat" is what I like to call it. And it is so freaking awful. My wife was mad at me for making her sit through that lol. It could've been such good campy fun but it was just a mess.

Have you watched Sleepaway? I forget..
I have but it's been a long while. Was actually just thinking about revisiting it.

Reading Sony has greenlit a sequel, already.

Huh... guess the movie will breakeven or make some money. Gambling on a franchise - which Sony sucks at.

Name all their franchises... then name their good ones!
Pretty sure they'd greenlit it before it was released.

Actually, pretty sure most look towards a sequel/franchise for a lot of movies like this simply because $$$

Actually, pretty sure most look towards a sequel/franchise for a lot of movies like this simply because $$$
Well, yeah. Hollywood is a business at the end of the day and just as greedy as any other massive business. In a perfect world it would be about the "art" but that goes right out the window as soon as loads of money is involved. Exactly why I think crying about remakes/reboots/vapid action movies is a waste of energy.

So I'm watching the 1920's German silent scifi wonder "Metropolis" and it has- for me- solved the mystery of "where did 90's hairstyles come from?".

I watched that movie years ago. Did not live up to the hype but I can see why it was praised.

they were as psyched about work in Metropolis as they were in Soylent Green

Seems like an early marxist propaganda film....but with the French national anthem during the rebellion scenes. One thing is for sure: "Maria" was not known for her minimalist acting skills.

Well, yeah. Hollywood is a business at the end of the day and just as greedy as any other massive business. In a perfect world it would be about the "art" but that goes right out the window as soon as loads of money is involved. Exactly why I think crying about remakes/reboots/vapid action movies is a waste of energy.

But endlessly discussing other people discussing remakes/reboots or generally TERRIBLE movies is a-okay!! - from Superhero Club Leader

Metropolis is weird gif gold!

tumblr_n7fy4beJQz1tsuuvno1_500.gif

Maybe I'm just missing it - out of the loop watching little kids - but have any of the "main" people involved with Ghostbusters said much since it released..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back