Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I watched SVB last night and I'm on the fence. From a standpoint of plots, archs, and anything else comic books it seemed disjointed at best, but if you go into this movie just expecting a good action flick, it's pretty good. I'm not sold on the Affleck version of Batman, nor the Jeremy Irons version of Alfred.
I still cant figure out how I feel. Aside from it was disjointed and Luthor was awful.

Definitely a major missed opportunity but was still reasonably entertaining.

I still cant figure out how I feel. Aside from it was disjointed and Luthor was awful.

Definitely a major missed opportunity but was still reasonably entertaining.

They could of done a way better job of casting Lex. I hate it when they try to turn comedy actors into serious villains. Hell, they could of brought back Gene Hackman as Lex and I would of probably liked it much better lol.

Also like everyone else, the way Bats has insane hatred for Superman, only to turn best buds after him speaking one word just baffles me.

They could of done a way better job of casting Lex. I hate it when they try to turn comedy actors into serious villains. Hell, they could of brought back Gene Hackman as Lex and I would of probably liked it much better lol.

Also like everyone else, the way Bats has insane hatred for Superman, only to turn best buds after him speaking one word just baffles me.
Like I said earlier, just about ANYONE would've been better.

Hey at least they showed Alfred putting in the voice modulating thingy so that we know why he sounds different. As with the other Batmen, they just talked funny when they put on the suit.

In all honesty, Tom Hardy would of made a good Lex Luthor, even if he was already Bane. Him playing Shinzon of Remus from Star Trek: Nemesis gives you a good idea of how he would play a bald super villain. Just a bit older though. His evil role in the Revenant had an edge like a razor. Just plain nasty.

In all honesty, Tom Hardy would of made a good Lex Luthor, even if he was already Bane. Him playing Shinzon of Remus from Star Trek: Nemesis gives you a good idea of how he would play a bald super villain. Just a bit older though. His evil role in the Revenant had an edge like a razor. Just plain nasty.
You should watch The Drop. It's a slow burn, but worth the payoff.

I miss the days when Clancy Brown was the overbearing villain..
Bad Boys (the prison one)
Highlander
Shoot to Kill

He was great as Marconi, the planet-saving televangelist in John Dies at the End.
And of course in Carnivale.
He's so much better than a bit-role actor..

john-dies-at-the-end09.jpg

I enjoyed Star Trek beyond. It had one huge plot hole. It was schlocky in parts and very schlocky in the next to last climactic action finale, silly but enjoyable scene. Good visuals, my favorite parts were two particular scenes visuals. The characters are split up and do well with banter and comradarie in their pairings.

That's about as good as I can do without spoilers. A solid B grade from me. I could see where superhero club would give A+ for big dumb action movie story no matter. I could see people heavily focused on plot giving it a D for the big plot hole and I really don't think villains are done very well.

Ghostbusters dropped to #5 this weekend with $21 million.

1. Star Trek
2. The Secret Life of Pets
3. Lights Out
4. Ice Age
5. Ghostbusters

A horror movie edged it out in GB's second week. That's not supposed to happen to tentpole franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back