Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched some movies over the weekend.

Keanu was funny. Not hilarious, but enjoyable.

Zootopia was pretty damned good. Like what they did with the underlying meanings.

Room was good, but wasn't as good as I was expecting. The Best Picture nominees this past year so far have all been let downs for the most part.

Captain America Civil War was pretty entertaining. Not as good as that one Avengers movie (the first one? Assume there are more now) but pretty cool. The new Spiderman kid is cool. The dialogue just wasn't as interesting/witty as it has been in recent Marvel films. Pretty generic.

Take away the fact that it's a remake of a popular movie and Ghostbusters - as the remake stands currently, isn't a very fresh idea. Figured it wouldn't live up to the political hype around it either.
It is where it belongs - being forgotten as quickly as possible.

So, was it good? Yes. No. I don't know. There were some elements I really liked and some I just hated. The Luthor casting/portrayal is still just a total mind blower to me. I'm having a hard time thinking of someone who would've been a worse choice. Doomsday felt half-baked and like a wasted opportunity. I defended Affleck when everyone was ripping the casting but gotta admit I was a bit disappointed. Not terrible though. Wonder Woman was pretty awesome. The overall storyline was solid just not executed as well as it could have been.

Glad I watched it. But also glad I waited for home video.
I just wanna know how batman got through on a Walkie talkie of a guy he just exploded into a ball of fire.

"A Serbian Film".....watched it other day. This is the nastiest hardcore horror/shock film out there that I ever seen. Banned in many countries due to all the rape and torture scenes that goes on in throughout the film.....lots of Taboo subjects

A story of a retired adult film actor named Milos who gets far more than he bargained for when he accepts what he is led to believe is the role of a lifetime. Lots of twists and turns along the way as well.....

"A Serbian Film".....watched it other day. This is the nastiest hardcore horror/shock film out there that I ever seen. Banned in many countries due to all the rape and torture scenes that goes on in throughout the film.....lots of Taboo subjects

A story of a retired adult film actor named Milos who gets far more than he bargained for when he accepts what he is led to believe is the role of a lifetime. Lots of twists and turns along the way as well.....

haha yeah, that's a hard watch..

They should have started on the boat, not way before the voyage.
PJ is a fan of the source so it's hard to be too critical - and he did specifically focus on reimagining fabled cut scenes from the original (the jungle insects etc).
It's a flawed movie top to bottom and he should have taken 5 years off after LoR.
This movie has some interesting angles - but generic angry Sam Jackson role #86 and yet another Hiddelson role almost assures the "people" part of the film will be dumbed down..

This movie has some interesting angles - but generic angry Sam Jackson role #86 and yet another Hiddelson role almost assures the "people" part of the film will be dumbed down..

I haven't seen it since it came out, but was SLJ in it?

The movie hasn't aged well either.

"The Man from Earth" ....watched it yesterday. Not your every day Sci-Fi......
A sci-fi film with absolutely no special effects, relying solely on the story and a room-full of college professors with excellent dialogue.

A good story that challenges all our beliefs.....good job by Bixby

The Last Action Hero. Not Arnold's best movie, but definitely one of his more fun ones to watch. I re-watched it recently and had a shit eating grin on my face the whole time. Great satire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back