Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
As frustrating as these ratings have been, even more frustrating is the rising tide of fanbois who are now insisting that RT has a bias against DC and for Marvel. These movies have objectively sucked; even the fans who wanted them to do well hated them. The fanbois need to get over themselves.
The best part is Warner Bros. has a pretty big minority share in Rotten Tomatoes. So basically WB would have a bias against itself...

Netflix has really changed the game as far as hero movies go.

You get about 10, 1 hour episodes and that gives you plenty of time to build characters. It is hard to do that in a 2, maybe 3, hour movie.

Superman has never been a strong movie hero, Affleck was doomed from the start. X-Men were overrated from the get go and Suicide Squad seemed like a gimmicky cash grab.

I feel the TV show has replaced the movie. Writers have more liberty to do as they please. Probably the biggest reason is the fact these shows have a much smaller budget, which means they are forced to write content as opposed to blurry fight scenes.

I'm not sure what people were expecting with Suicide Squad. There were way too many characters that needed to be introduced. It was guaranteed to be a mess.

Just arrived home from watching the new Bourne movie. Took a stop at the bar with a new hire. I was actually expecting a finality to the whole thing, but I will not spoil any fans. The movie was well done, and within the realm of what you would expect. Grade 7/10. Entertaining and written well. Nothing to complain about really.

Just saw the Suicide Squad trailer again, with Bohemian Rhapsody. Looks so badass and like an extremely fun flick! Unfortunately... everything I'm hearing says otherwise.

I'll still watch it on Blu-ray, eventually.

Netflix has really changed the game as far as hero movies go.

You get about 10, 1 hour episodes and that gives you plenty of time to build characters. It is hard to do that in a 2, maybe 3, hour movie.

Superman has never been a strong movie hero, Affleck was doomed from the start. X-Men were overrated from the get go and Suicide Squad seemed like a gimmicky cash grab.

I feel the TV show has replaced the movie. Writers have more liberty to do as they please. Probably the biggest reason is the fact these shows have a much smaller budget,
which means they are forced to write content as opposed to blurry fight scenes.

I was just reading an article this morning about how "Stranger Things" got 15-20 rejections -and for typically stupid Hollywood trope reasons- before Netflix signed on to it. This is the music industry crashing and burning all over again; Hollywood needs to burn next. What kind of arrogance does it take to keep playing the same tropes over and over ad infinitum when the audience has clearly had enough of it and is giving their business to someone else?

Just arrived home from watching the new Bourne movie. Took a stop at the bar with a new hire. I was actually expecting a finality to the whole thing, but I will not spoil any fans. The movie was well done, and within the realm of what you would expect. Grade 7/10. Entertaining and written well. Nothing to complain about really.

Matt Damon has signed on for AT Least 3 more Bourne movies.

Matt Damon has signed on for AT Least 3 more Bourne movies.
Yep, no reason to kill a goose that keeps laying golden eggs. I will say that the Bourne franchise is one of the better ongoing sagas today. Matt Damon has also managed to keep himself in great shape through his mid 40s which is impressive, as I know how hard that is. Good for him. He has nailed some good flicks over the years. The Martian was fantastic!

I am waiting for home video on this one. Been a bad year for highly anticipated comic movies..... BvS, Apocalypse, now Squad.

Yeah, Civil War has kind of saved it from being a complete bust for the first half of the year.

Dr Strange should be good though.

That said, Suicide Squad smashed records so WB probably be all like "make more. they like it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back