Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen it. Won't see it.

Tobey Maguire's Spider-Man meets The Covenant is not Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.
To be fair, the original PR show was not exactly some immaculate piece of art which should never be tampered with lol. Changing some things could very well be a good thing with this particular property.

Trailer looks good IMO. I'm looking forward to it.

To be fair, the original PR show was not exactly some immaculate piece of art which should never be tampered with lol. Changing some things could very well be a good thing with this particular property.
That's fine. I genuinely have no interest in seeing it. It takes a lot for me to make it out to theaters. It took me three weeks to see Logan, a movie I have been waiting for since it was announced.
Trailer looks good IMO. I'm looking forward to it.
I think the trailer looks like trash, so I won't see it.

I just feel like I have seen that movie before. Kids stumble upon something random that gives them powers. They wake up one day with powers and have to learn how to harness them(in almost the same exact way Raimi's Spider-Man depicted it). Baddie tries to take over the world and the kids use their newly harnessed powers to defeat it. Roll credits.

That's fine. I genuinely have no interest in seeing it. It takes a lot for me to make it out to theaters. It took me three weeks to see Logan, a movie I have been waiting for since it was announced.
Yeah I hear ya. I don't make it to the theater often either. If I didn't have a few buddies who invited me I'd have waited for video myself.

I just feel like I have seen that movie before. Kids stumble upon something random that gives them powers. They wake up one day with powers and have to learn how to harness them(in almost the same exact way Raimi's Spider-Man depicted it). Baddie tries to take over the world and the kids use their newly harnessed powers to defeat it. Roll credits.
Can't you pretty much say the exact same thing about most superhero/action movies though? I mean, sure there's the rare film, like Logan, that transcends genre conventions. But for the most part you just described every superhero movie ever. 1. Get powers (or already have them if a sequel), 2. Villain wants to destroy protagonist and/or the world, 3. Protagonist defeats villain. 4. Credits.

Can't you pretty much say the exact same thing about most superhero/action movies though?
Yes. That's why I don't see comic movies anymore. I'm just tired of the genre.

Why does every suit have to look like some variation of Iron Man now?

I just watched the Justice League trailer. Same shit Zach Snyder has been making for the last six years.

Yes. That's why I don't see comic movies anymore. I'm just tired of the genre.
Fair enough. It is certainly a very specific, repetitive formula. But it's the same formula 99% of action/adventure movies follow. Rarely is there not a villain hell bent on destroying the world (or a country/city/group of people/etc.). And rarely does the hero not save the day in the end.

I will admit I don't get nearly as excited about most superhero movies as I used to. It is basically the same thing every time. For me though (and I imagine for most people), the big draw is simply seeing these characters you love on the big screen.

I just watched the Justice League trailer. Same **** Zach Snyder has been making for the last six years.
Snyder has never really blown me away with anything he's ever done. I dug Watchmen and his Dawn of the Dead was a solid remake. Everything else has been just okay, at best. I never really got all the hype for 300 myself. Visually striking, but not much else.

Zach Snyder is to visuals as Michael Bay is to explosions and action.

They are both similar when it comes to the story/writing... Snyder might be slightly better.

Zach Snyder is to visuals as Michael Bay is to explosions and action.

They are both similar when it comes to the story/writing... Snyder might be slightly better.

"Can we get Post to wash everything in blue and charcoal grey?....that'd be great..."

I've read a bunch of whining on the net about the airport fight in "Civil War". It seems to me that the primary complaint is that it actually happens in daylight. I even saw a video of a film critic comparing Marvels to other scifis, and the primary complaint is that Marvel doesn't do the stupid colorwashing thing. This might be why Marvel audiences leave theaters happier rather than disappointed or depressed.

Just got back. Man, I gotta admit, I was kinda disappointed. Once they got in the suits it was pretty badass. But it took too long to get there. I had a huge smile on my face when "go go power rangers" hit lol. I'm still pretty excited for the sequel. I think it will be better since the whole origin story is out of the way, and with.....
my boy Tommy coming!

I really wish the scene where the Megazord came together would've been cooler.

"Can we get Post to wash everything in blue and charcoal grey?....that'd be great..."

I've read a bunch of whining on the net about the airport fight in "Civil War". It seems to me that the primary complaint is that it actually happens in daylight. I even saw a video of a film critic comparing Marvels to other scifis, and the primary complaint is that Marvel doesn't do the stupid colorwashing thing. This might be why Marvel audiences leave theaters happier rather than disappointed or depressed.

The complaint about the Airport scene is that the "Civil War" came down to a 5 v 5 fight and there wasnt any serious repercussions.

The complaint about the Airport scene is that the "Civil War" came down to a 5 v 5 fight and there wasnt any serious repercussions.
War Machine probably has a different take.
Other than that, my complaint was giving Cap's "No, YOU move" speech to Sharon Carter instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up buying 3 movies last night and watching one:

The Tuskegee Airmen
Jungle Book
Dr. Strange

Since Sunday nights are mine and my wife only real down time, we decided to watch Jungle Book, the new one. I didn't go to the theater to watch it because I felt it was going to be, as expected, geared toward children. Man, it was actually a pretty good movie for adults with an all-star voice over cast. Actual couple of tear jerker scenes. My wife's faucets were running heavy during them lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I hear ya. I don't make it to the theater often either. If I didn't have a few buddies who invited me I'd have waited for video myself.

Can't you pretty much say the exact same thing about most superhero/action movies though? I mean, sure there's the rare film, like Logan, that transcends genre conventions. But for the most part you just described every superhero movie ever. 1. Get powers (or already have them if a sequel), 2. Villain wants to destroy protagonist and/or the world, 3. Protagonist defeats villain. 4. Credits.

This could make for an interesting conversation for someone who wants to break that mold. I actually have time where I'll be watching a movie and that chit is so easy to foreshadow that it makes me mad. Ever so often you'll get a movie where you know you have it figured out or know what's about to happen and you're then thrown for a total loop.

Actually looks different from the first four. Still won't see it, but it seems like a step in the right direction.

Also, Marissa Tomei is still fine as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back