Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Independence Day: Resurgence last night.

Easiest way to put it was it sucked balls.

I didn't hate it. I liked that they continued the story instead of any type of reset. I liked that the planet had come together and we weren't warring as nation states but more of global alliance.

Don't get me wrong though, it wasn't a very good movie.

Edit: Also...

maika-monroe-women-s-health-magazine-july-2016-1.jpg

Love her. She was great in It Follows. I find her incredibly attractive.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Affleck was a great choice. Wasn't his fault the movie was a rushed mess.

I was surprised at how good he was for that role. Now I should imagine that the rest of the DCCU is gonna suck from being rushed messes also.
And seriously, enough with the friggin bluewashing. Have a good story with actual nighttime and reasonable day shots. The nuclear winter ethos is irritating.

I was surprised at how good he was for that role.
I think I said this back when he was first cast, but imo he looks the part more so than anyone else who has ever done the role. Perhaps not the greatest actor to ever do it, but from a physical/aesthetic standpoint, perfect casting.

When he was unable to get by on his looks and popularity, he must've realized he would actually have to be an actor... he's been good in his later years.

Killed the Joker in 1989
Ehhh.

Not really. Batman snared his ankle to a statue while Joker was trying to escape via helicopter. The helicopter pulled Joker up, broke the statue off the building, and Joker lost his grip.

What Batman did in BvS was straight up murder.

Ehhh.

Not really. Batman snared his ankle to a statue while Joker was trying to escape via helicopter. The helicopter pulled Joker up, broke the statue off the building, and Joker lost his grip.

About like when Superman snapped Zod's neck?

When he was unable to get by on his looks and popularity, he must've realized he would actually have to be an actor... he's been good in his later years.
Yeah for sure. I don't really get the hate for the guy tbh. At least not in recent years.

Because of how he started... and probably the bulk of his work is his early crap.

I'll admit, when he's mentioned, that's the era that first pops into my mind.
Yea he almost got typecasted after Mall Rats and the Jay and Silent Bob stuff.

I really liked his character in The Town though.

Ehhh.

There was no other way it would end. He had the ladder so if he lets go before the statue breaks off he falls and slams into a building. Dead.

There was no other way it would end. He had the ladder so if he lets go before the statue breaks off he falls and slams into a building. Dead.
Right, but Batman didn't kill him. His actions may have led to his death, but it wasn't murder.

Batfleck beat guys to death.

Watched 10 Cloverfield Lane tonight.

A perfect example of movie marketing done right. They marketed that movie very differently than it actually was. Enough to intrigue someone, but not enough to give away the plot. The audience is just as clueless as the characters in the movie.

Overall, I'd give it an 8.5/10. Well done.

Watched 10 Cloverfield Lane tonight.

A perfect example of move marketing done right. They marketed that movie very differently than it actually was. Enough to intrigue someone, but not enough to give away the plot. The audience is just as clueless as the characters in the movie.

Overall, I'd give it an 8.5/10. Well done.
John Goodman pulled that character off really well. A LOT better than I thought he would.

Yeah John Goodman was fantastic. A lot of the twists and turns felt forced and ridiculous to me though. I think it would've been a better movie if it hadn't been "Cloverfield" and had just been a cool little thriller doing its own thing (which, from what I understand is what it was to begin with. It only later became a Cloverfield "sequel".) Still a pretty decent movie though.

Yeah John Goodman was fantastic. A lot of the twists and turns felt forced and ridiculous to me though. I think it would've been a better movie if it hadn't been "Cloverfield" and had just been a cool little thriller doing its own thing (which, from what I understand is what it was to begin with. It only later became a Cloverfield "sequel".) Still a pretty decent movie though.

I agree, after the movie was over I felt like I saw no connection to the original Cloverfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back