Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, after the movie was over I felt like I saw no connection to the original Cloverfield.
I think it's meant to exist in the same world.

Goodman's character is a former employee of Tagruato... worked in satellites there.

The theory is that Tagruato was tracking the monster with satellites and research stations disguised as oil rigs. Goodman was possibly part of this detail...

Yeah it obviously wasn't meant as a direct sequel. But there are so many more differences than similarities between the two it makes you wonder why they even bothered to connect them.

To me, crazy survivalist/prepper guy holding people captive in a bunker is an awesome movie idea all on its own. Without the alien/monster angle.

That sounds an awful lot like the guns don't kill people excuse.
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I don't think losing his grip and falling into the side of the building would have been instant death like you say. A broken bone or two, sure. There was no way of knowing the statue would have broken off the building and caused him to fall to his death.

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

I don't think losing his grip and falling into the side of the building would have been instant death like you say. A broken bone or two, sure. There was no way of knowing the statue would have broken off the building and caused him to fall to his death.

I haven't seen BvS in quite awhile. Who did he kill? I know the car chase scene most likely had deaths, were there any others?

I haven't seen BvS in quite awhile. Who did he kill? I know the car chase scene most likely had deaths, were there any others?
There were probably four definitive deaths in the four-minute clip I watched on YouTube today.

^^^That's just not Batman to me.

That is true, but to come out of the bunker and find HOLY CRAP HE WAS RIGHT THIS IS TOTALLY FUBAR WORLD!!! is still a nice twist.
It was great because even though we knew the Cloverfield connection, we still thought aliens might not be outside.

Goodman played that part so well, that you forgot the apocolypse practically happened.

Underrated movie, imo.

th

So, GI Joe was on TV today... stopped to watch a couple of minutes.

So many things wrong with it.

One change that would've helped a lot... replace Ripcord with STALKER.

Ripcord is NOT a main character. And Stalker fills the quota...

Axe the relationship between Scarlet and anyone not named Snake-eyes.

That's a start.

Well with Cloverfield Lane, by the time you get to the end, the whole alien thing seems disjointed with the rest of the movie. Like SDM said, this movie almost would of been better off named something else and left as it's own psych thriller movie.

Well with Cloverfield Lane, by the time you get to the end, the whole alien thing seems disjointed with the rest of the movie. Like SDM said, this movie almost would of been better off named something else and left as it's own psych thriller movie.
I just like how Goodman is the bad guy, but isn't completely full of it.

Terminator: Genisys.

4/10.

There may have been a decent Terminator movie in there somewhere, but it sure as hell didn't make it through to the final product. They fucked with the timeline so much....I'm not sure I've seen a more convoluted movie in my life.

Emilia Clarke sure is pretty though.

'Twas le doge peux.

Here's the thing: don't try to rewrite the franchise just because the future turned out different than we imagined. Genysis is an operating system for public consumption just like Android and iOS; the established Terminator universe does not have that sort of tech because the internet was still only a military posession. It entirely removes the motivation for Skynet to turn on us. This is also why Prometheus sucked: in 1978 the very distant future was green DOS screens and large incandescent buttons and knobs; Prometheus shows us a much nearer future with holograms and touchscreens. Regardless of what happened in real life, Prometheus does not take place in the Alien franchise's universe because the entire aesthetic has changed. If we can suspend disbelief to accept Engineers on another planet creating a biological weapon in the form of a spontaneously mutating perfect killing organism, then we can accept that maybe Bill Gates and Steve Jobs retired early before Windows 95 was created.
This has me concerned about the coming BladeRunner sequel. In that film, there is legitimate opportunity for the world's tech to progress as it takes place in a forward linear timeline; if it's aesthetic changes in the same way that Prometheus and Genysis did, it's going to suck. The strength of the script will be irrelevant because it won't be Blade Runner's universe.

Office Christmas Party. It had some decent laughs but wasn't nearly as good as it should have been given the cast. Not something I'd ever watch again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back