Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Split. I really enjoyed it. McAvoy was awesome.

I know M Night has been a walking punchline for over a decade. But I think he's been putting out solid stuff lately.

i accidently bought it because i thought it was a legit star wars movie...
it was!

I watched it with almost zero knowledge of what I was going to see. Yes I knew it was SW and yes I knew it happens before SW1 - but that was all I knew.

as I was watching I was amazed at the number of callbacks to SW1 ( the first movie ) all the characters, locations, the look of everything. All those shots of the lookout in the crows nest on Yavin 4 excetra... I was blown away by it all. Then a chunk thru it became obvious this was a prequel to SW1 so it all made sense.

IMO this is the best SW movie since the first trilogy ended. Pure SW IMO

it was!

I watched it with almost zero knowledge of what I was going to see. Yes I knew it was SW and yes I knew it happens before SW1 - but that was all I knew.

as I was watching I was amazed at the number of callbacks to SW1 ( the first movie ) all the characters, locations, the look of everything. All those shots of the lookout in the crows nest on Yavin 4 excetra... I was blown away by it all. Then a chunk thru it became obvious this was a prequel to SW1 so it all made sense.

IMO this is the best SW movie since the first trilogy ended. Pure SW IMO

I loved the analog feel to it; it was more like a WWII film than space opera. Also terribly tragic throughout, with a more realistic (?) portrayal of how the Death Star would work...and that Alderaan wasn't the first victim.

I loved the analog feel to it; it was more like a WWII film than space opera. Also terribly tragic throughout, with a more realistic (?) portrayal of how the Death Star would work...and that Alderaan wasn't the first victim.
without a doubt the most 'adult' SW movie. Lot more realistic portrayal of how a rebellion would go down. Lots of people die just due to lack of trust and justifiably so. Sorta brutal but I liked that better than the normal sanitized version usually protrayed

Finally saw Doctor Strange... it was solid. Not great, not bad.

Even the worst Marvel Universe movie, Captain America, is still well done and solid.

I have yet to not be entertained and pleased with one of those.

Also... only 1 more Infinity Stone left! Thor Ragnarok will reveal it, I'm sure.

Finally saw Doctor Strange... it was solid. Not great, not bad.
That's how I felt. Had some really cool stuff in there. My main problem was that I did not particularly care for Strange, the character. In fact, he was pretty damn unlikable most of the time. I'm not sure if that was intentional or it just didn't quite land for me. I mean, Tony Stark is a huge douche yet you still like him throughout the movies.

That's how I felt. Had some really cool stuff in there. My main problem was that I did not particularly care for Strange, the character. In fact, he was pretty damn unlikable most of the time. I'm not sure if that was intentional or it just didn't quite land for me. I mean, Tony Stark is a huge douche yet you still like him throughout the movies.
Tony stark is a charming douche in the comics - read The Ultimates vol 1&2.

Strange is an arrogant douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back