Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched that recently as well. It had some pretty bad reviews, but I laughed out loud several times. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Comedies in general tend to get judged too harshly imo. It's rare that a comedy comes along and is pretty much universally praised. I judge them on a different scale than other genres. I can forgive certain flaws if I laugh enough.

Comedies in general tend to get judged too harshly imo. It's rare that a comedy comes along and is pretty much universally praised. I judge them on a different scale than other genres. I can forgive certain flaws if I laugh enough.

People like to suck certain comedians dicks while trashing others.

God forbid you say something bad about Louis C.K. but laugh at a Dane Cook joke.

People like to suck certain comedians dicks while trashing others.

God forbid you say something bad about Louis C.K. but laugh at a Dane Cook joke.
Exactly. Comedy is just so subjective.

CK was the best comedian out there 5 years ago. He's fallen off since though imo. It's tough to stay at the very top for a long period of time.

CK was the best comedian out there 5 years ago. He's fallen off since though imo. It's tough to stay at the very top for a long period of time.
I love CK, but I cant watch much of it because it is so depressing. Love Burr also, but he is so intense.

Split. I really enjoyed it. McAvoy was awesome.

I know M Night has been a walking punchline for over a decade. But I think he's been putting out solid stuff lately.

I watched Split last night. Decent movie, but I felt like there was just too much random stuff thrown in as filler. Not a lot happened, yet you get a flashback every 5 mins of something that really has nothing to do with the story and what's going on.

I kept waiting to find out what the flashback scenes were leading to... Maybe it was meant to keep the suspense but in the end it was just a bunch of meaningless fluff.

Finally got around to seeing Get Out.

Glad to say it lived up to the hype. Loved it.

Definitely the best movie I've seen so far this year. Although I think it might be first movie I've seen this year. Nonetheless, it's still gotta be one of the best so far this year.

Finally got around to seeing Get Out.

Glad to say it lived up to the hype. Loved it.

Definitely the best movie I've seen so far this year. Although I think it might be first movie I've seen this year. Nonetheless, it's still gotta be one of the best so far this year.

Right? Actually getting Oscar hype as a horror/thriller. That sh** never happens.

Daniel Kaluuya gonna take over.

Comedy is definitely subjective but there is a lot that still goes into movies. I did laugh at a couple jokes during Why Him? but I still didn't think it was a good movie because the story was bad and the writing was weak. Personally, I'm also getting tired of every comedian nowadays going for shock value that is saying the grossest thing possible and also being like oh I'm high right now look at me.

Comedy is definitely subjective but there is a lot that still goes into movies. I did laugh at a couple jokes during Why Him? but I still didn't think it was a good movie because the story was bad and the writing was weak. Personally, I'm also getting tired of every comedian nowadays going for shock value that is saying the grossest thing possible and also being like oh I'm high right now look at me.
Stoner comedians give us regular stoners a bad name

There's another movie coming out in October that's part of the Cloverfield universe. Supposedly take place prior to the original, actual Cloverfield. This one takes place on the(a?) space station.

The current working title is Cloverfield Movie.

God I wish Sony would close their film division... apparently, they might take back Spider-Man from Marvel in 2019. You know, so as to ruin him again.

Joy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back