Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't take back anything. They own the rights. It's theirs to do what they wish.
Read how they worked it out... for all intents and purposes, Marvel is making Homecoming and its sequel. Nearly all money earned goes to Sony so Spider-Man can be in the MU, also.

Sony is going to use Spider-Man as a bargaining chip to get more out of Marvel OR proceed to reboot the franchise themselves. Again. And it will suck. Again.

Marvel has easily surpassed nearly all 5 movies Sony has done in a few minutes of Civil War.

Is it Sony's right? Yes. Is it right? No.

Instead of the greatness Marvel can achieve with this stellar character... Sony is going to make another Fant4stick, starring a mediocre Spider-Man.

Sony needs to scrap their film division... do us all a favor.

God I wish Sony would close their film division... apparently, they might take back Spider-Man from Marvel in 2019. You know, so as to ruin him again.

Joy

I heard a news item a little while back that they were closing their film division. Has something changed?

13 Days. Good movie if you take out the fake Boston accents. I'll have to do some research as I know nothing about the Cuban Missile Crisis beyond the blockade. This movie makes it out as if there was a lot of back room stuff going on.

Read how they worked it out... for all intents and purposes, Marvel is making Homecoming and its sequel. Nearly all money earned goes to Sony so Spider-Man can be in the MU, also.

Sony is going to use Spider-Man as a bargaining chip to get more out of Marvel OR proceed to reboot the franchise themselves. Again. And it will suck. Again.

I love peoples revisionist history when it comes to Spiderman.

1. Spiderman 2 is considered one of the best CMB out there.

2. They've made 1 bad Spiderman movie. That's SM3.

3. Spiderman 1, 2 and ASM are good movies. ASM did suffer though. ASM 2 was average.

4. Marvel have now made 2 subpar movies, what makes you think they will make Spiderman work? Dr Strange was average. Guardians 2 is about that, if not worse.

GotG2

Marvel's streak of average movies has hit 2 now. Much like Dr Strange, too many forced jokes and a lot didn't land. The plot was meh. Visually stunning and the 3rd act was the best act.

ASM suffered because 1- Garfield's Parker was a dick and 2- because lots of the movie wound up on the cutting room floor leaving an incoherent mess. ASM2 sucked because Electro had a stupid backstory and Dane Dehaan looked like a 12-year-old in that goblin outfit.

GotG2 looks forgettabke because the first one was. Seriously, I have NO memory of it outside of the Howard the Duck cameo.

3. Spiderman 1, 2 and ASM are good movies. ASM did suffer though. ASM 2 was average.

4. Marvel have now made 2 subpar movies, what makes you think they will make Spiderman work? Dr Strange was average. Guardians 2 is about that, if not worse.
ASM 1 and 2 aren't good. 1 is ok, with problems, and 2 is terrible.

Spider-Man 1 was pretty good and 2 was great.

5 movies... 1 great, 2 TERRIBLE, 1 pretty good and 1 ok. Also, this would be Sony's 4th reboot of the character in how many years? Sony needs to give up the reigns.

Just watched Suicide Squad. That movie sucked all of the balls. A stand alone Harley Quinn or Deadshot movie would have been much better.

Basically what I thought would be the issue when it was announced was true. Too many characters in one movie makes it impossible to effectively develop them. Killer Croc and Captain Boomerang were totally unnecessary. Just random placeholders to fill out the "squad." Instead of developing the characters with story or dialogue, they tried to give the audience a sense of character with music in the introduction. Terrible.

Jared Leto as the Joker was awful. A combination of Jack Nicolson's Joker and Heath Ledger's Joker. Way to go out on a limb with that interpretation...

Just watched Suicide Squad. That movie sucked all of the balls. A stand alone Harley Quinn or Deadshot movie would have been much better.

Basically what I thought would be the issue when it was announced was true. Too many characters in one movie makes it impossible to effectively develop them. Killer Croc and Captain Boomerang were totally unnecessary. Just random placeholders to fill out the "squad." Instead of developing the characters with story or dialogue, they tried to give the audience a sense of character with music in the introduction. Terrible.

Jared Leto as the Joker was awful. A combination of Jack Nicolson's Joker and Heath Ledger's Joker. Way to go out on a limb with that interpretation...
Nope. You forgot the most useless character of all... Slipnot.

Literally introduced just for one purpose in his next scene...

Or Katana... her sword traps the souls of its victims. AND?!

Deadshot should've had his mask on more. Iconic for that character.

I've really enjoyed most the Spider-Man movies

The Toby ones aged badly tho, ASM was awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back