Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched Split last night. When did M. Night get good again?
When he made Split?
Speaking of MNS, I never saw 'Signs'. Heard the premise and said no thanks. I heard that it was about aliens who are allergic to water and pick the wrong planet to land on. Recently I heard that they weren't aliens but instead demons released by God and the water that kills them is holy water blessed by the touch of a child. I'm honestly not sure which is more offensive: dumb aliens or stupid religious pablum.

When he made Split?
Speaking of MNS, I never saw 'Signs'. Heard the premise and said no thanks. I heard that it was about aliens who are allergic to water and pick the wrong planet to land on. Recently I heard that they weren't aliens but instead demons released by God and the water that kills them is holy water blessed by the touch of a child. I'm honestly not sure which is more offensive: dumb aliens or stupid religious pablum.

Signs is a pretty good movie.

And one of the most famous books ever written is about Aliens who were too stupid to know if the world they were invading would kill them.

When he made Split?

When he made Split?
Well that doesn't make any sense since you hear the army or whoever saying "get to the beach they die with water"

Is anyone looking forward to Wonder Woman? I've seen the marketing pick up since we're a few weeks away, but it seems like the hype isn't all that high.

Is anyone looking forward to Wonder Woman? I've seen the marketing pick up since we're a few weeks away, but it seems like the hype isn't all that high.

what is compelling enough about her storyline to warrant 2hrs and $20 though

i can google image search the actress all day 4freebruh

Screw you misogynist pigs; I hope it's a good movie. I'd much rather watch a hot chick kick ass than dudes in tights. I mean, if you like men's butts that's fine, I ain't judgin', but there's no reason to be hatin on Amazon babes.
If I were to guess I'd say the lack of fan uproar has to do with the fact that the DCU has been an unending comedy of tragic errors so far. Everyone has known this one was a big gamble for years. If it fails, I'd hope it would be because the script sucked and not because a bunch of pansies were afraid to be seen in a movie line for a "girlie" film....especially if they have young daughters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Screw you misogynist pigs; I hope it's a good movie. I'd much rather watch a hot chick kick ass than dudes in tights. I mean, if you like men's butts that's fine, I ain't judgin', but there's no reason to be hatin on Amazon babes.
If I were to guess I'd say the lack of fan uproar has to do with the fact that the DCU has been an unending comedy of tragic errors so far. Everyone has known this one was a big gamble for years. If it fails, I'd hope it would be because the script sucked and not because a bunch of pansies were afraid to be seen in a movie line for a "girlie" film....especially if they have young daughters.
Lol. Someone's sensitive.

I'd say the lack of fan uproar has to do with the fact that Wonder Woman is actually supposed to be a woman, unlike the monstrosity that was Ghostbusters 2016. Amazing what staying true to the source material instead of playing gender politics will do to fans, right?

No one has a problem with a female superhero; her story isn't all that interesting though. The movie will do well because it has a built-in interest from fans of the DCU, but I don't see it doing as well as Superman or Batman.

Ant-Man did $57 million on opening weekend. That seems reasonable for Wonder Woman.

Lol. Someone's sensitive.

DON'T MAKE ME TAKE THESE HEELS OFF!! :irked:

Seriously though, we do have a couple of known chauvenists here. Since my female employees have consistently outperformed the males, I can understand why they're nervous about cinematic successes.

I hope it does well, but this is where women must make their voices known by actually going to and supporting the movie. The main reason women havent been front and center in comic books and superhero movies is because usually those types of things tend to attract the interest of men. If women want more female superheroes in comics and movies then they have to be willing to spend their money and support them.

Seems more people are pumped about it than I thought there would be. Probably in part because of the disappointments from previous DC movies.

Frankly... it looks good. I was jazzed when she showed up in BvS with that theme.

But... rental. I'm seeing Thor at release.

I'm pretty much down and out on DC. Man of Steel was really good but BvS was not that great and the other DC movies have been total crap. Like RTH said, I'll be in the theater for Thor 3.

Sidenote: Bale's Batman movies are badass so I'm talking DC Universe movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back