Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Alien Covenant dropped the ball..
Dang. I was hoping for so much more from Ridley Scott.
And I was one of the few defenders of Prometheus.

Haven't seen it, but Prometheus was my final straw with Ridley Scott.

Dude needs to hang it up.

I think I mentioned this before... I'm sure his brother's suicide had a devastating impact on him. His movies just haven't been the same since.

How many different ways can they do Alien?

Land on planet.
Guys gets implanted by face hugger.
Alien pops out and wreaks havoc.

The Shack: Regardless of your beliefs, if this movie does not move you inside then you're not human. This movie hits home particularly with fathers.

Power Rangers closed this past weekend.

• Power Rangers (2017) - Well I didn't have to follow that for long as just a week after adding it to the follow list Power Rangers has now closed to a weak $85.3M domestic and $140.2M worldwide on a budget of $100M. While the domestic total for the film wasn't incredible it was strong enough that a good international showing could have helped the film, but in that department it failed miserably. The film only made $54.8M overseas and in China made just $4M. Fans of the series though shouldn't completely dismiss a possible sequel as apparently increased toy sales in Power Rangers merch may help keep it afloat (same thing that kept the Star Trek films going). However if there is a sequel expect a significant budget cut and much more focus on the American side of things.

Get Out is surprisingly one of the best movies this year. It wasn't perfect by any means but it was so damn original. The last 15 minutes was more intense than any "horror" movie in recent years. I think even @CRUDS and @TorontoTitanFan would even approve.

• Power Rangers (2017) - Well I didn't have to follow that for long as just a week after adding it to the follow list Power Rangers has now closed to a weak $85.3M domestic and $140.2M worldwide on a budget of $100M. While the domestic total for the film wasn't incredible it was strong enough that a good international showing could have helped the film, but in that department it failed miserably. The film only made $54.8M overseas and in China made just $4M. Fans of the series though shouldn't completely dismiss a possible sequel as apparently increased toy sales in Power Rangers merch may help keep it afloat (same thing that kept the Star Trek films going). However if there is a sequel expect a significant budget cut and much more focus on the American side of things.
If the budget is cut even lower then they shouldn't even bother.

"Hey, this movie didn't do so well at the box office but we will make a sequel that will do even worse because we sold some more Toys that won't make much difference"

"Hey, this movie didn't do so well at the box office but we will make a sequel that will do even worse because we sold some more Toys that won't make much difference"
Aside from the toys marketing, I think some Hollywood company will look at the 40 mil surplus from worldwide intake to budget.

They've made much crappier sequels for lesser profit than that. Starship troopers has like 4 or 5 movies.

Aside from the toys marketing, I think some Hollywood company will look at the 40 mil surplus from worldwide intake to budget.

They've made much crappier sequels for lesser profit than that. Starship troopers has like 4 or 5 movies.
1. Starship Troopers was awesome. Dina Meyer topless produced my first boner.
2. Those were all direct to video.

Wife took me out to see "Wonder Woman", and...YAY!! IT DIDN'T SUCK!! It was even written by Zack Snyder and still didn't suck! The key seems to be to not let him direct.

Wife took me out to see "Wonder Woman", and...YAY!! IT DIDN'T SUCK!! It was even written by Zack Snyder and still didn't suck! The key seems to be to not let him direct.
Zack Snyder is to visuals what Michael Bay is to action.

Unfortunately... Snyder is to story what Bay is to story.

This movie was in concept hell... so I'm not convinced it was "all him."

1. Starship Troopers was awesome. Dina Meyer topless produced my first boner.
2. Those were all direct to video.
I love the first too, not so much all the sequels.
Maybe not the best example but unnecessary sequels. I was going to say Ice Age first, then I saw how much each sequel made and all of them have been a cash cow. The last one had a steep drop off but still made like 400mil box office worldwide (300 mil more than budget).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back