Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldnt even finish Batman vs Superman on my flight back from Scotland.

they need to get it together.
DC is rushing to catch up on almost a decade of building Marvel has been doing.

When you rush, you get the majority of the DCEU movies:

Man of Steel - it was alright

BvS - it was a bit of a convoluted mess with great parts and bad, but overall should've been better. It's Batman and Superman for God's sake!

Suicide Squad - should have been a hit like Guardians of the Galaxy, but was a disappointing mess.

Wonder Woman - I've heard nothing but good about it, so far. But that could potentially be similar to calling Star Wars Episode 2 good because it was better than Episode 1...

It's almost unreal how bad DC is f'ing up. They have such great characters. And while they may not be as flashy, visually, as a lot of the Marvel universe, they still lend themselves to cinema extremely well. Somebody needs to be fired over there (Geoff Johns I'm assuming).

On the plus side, I've heard really good things about Wonder Woman.

Geoff Johns was recently made into their head of something or other. He basically oversees DC now.

Probably the reason Arrow turned good and possibly Wonder Woman as well.

Wonder Woman is legitimately good. It's not perfect- some are complaining about the CGI, and there are some very familiar plot points- but it's a far cry better than what has been presented in the DCU so far and just might cement her as the central character in the franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still contend the biggest mistake was hitching their wagon to Zack Snyder.
I loved Watchmen and thought DotD was one of the better modern horror remakes. Other than that though, I've never been too impressed with anything he's done. 300 is overrated as hell imo.

Shame about the dude's daughter though. That sucks no matter how bad of a director you are.

I loved Watchmen and thought DotD was one of the better modern horror remakes. Other than that though, I've never been too impressed with anything he's done. 300 is overrated as hell imo.

Shame about the dude's daughter though. That sucks no matter how bad of a director you are.
Watchmen was visually epic... but felt the strength of the source material was its story, which was weak in the film.

DotD was good and entertaining... but I'm seeing a theme. His current movies don't have much in common with his earlier stuff. He latched onto one thing and has milked it. Unfortunate.

Watchmen was visually epic... but felt the strength of the source material was its story, which was weak in the film.
I know it's blasphemy, but I always found the graphic novel to be overrated. So maybe that's why I enjoyed the movie as much as I did. I didn't have the source material on a pedestal.

So I finally got around to Split last night. Mcavoy did a wonderful job pulling of the personalities. The ending was down right nasty and suspenseful. Ready for Unbreakable 2.

Wonder Woman. It was really, really solid. It seemed to drag a bit in a few spots, but overall I'd say it warrants the hype. The fight sequences were pretty badass. Easily the best effort yet from DCU. Actually has me looking forward to Justice League now.

Snyder needs to do all their visual stuff. BvS was stunning, especially the start with Bruce's parents funeral.

BvS was incredibly boring, the only good part in that movie was when Batman went beast mode in the warehouse. The League of Justice cameos were cringe worthy at how forced it was. But I'll give credit to Snyder for Watchmen though, that's seriously the most underrated superhero movie of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back