Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Panther:
Overall, really enjoyed it; the pacing was weird, though. Because of that, Killmonger being tauted as the "best villian since the Joker" has been a bit overblown.

Yeah Kilmonger wasn't that great of villain. Don't get the hype over it. And he talked like Dr Dre.

I, Tonya. I think someone mentioned this earlier in the thread but it really does feel like a Coen Brothers movie. Except this shit actually happened... more or less. Good movie.

The Equalizer: Denzel balling out on screen again. I thought this movie might be a bit cheesey but I actually enjoyed it very much. Didn't realize till the very end that the Russian girl is the little lady badass from the first Kickass.

Justice League

Okay. So it is somewhat entertaining, at least at times. But it's just tough not to feel really disappointed given the property we're dealing with here. It should've been great but instead it's just barely mediocre.

The first 30-45 minutes felt like a random compilation of scenes more so than a coherent story. Which I guess is to be expected when you are introducing 3 brand new main characters in a single movie. But I think the biggest flaw in a flaw-filled movie is the fact that the villain is so lame. Fuggin Steppenwolf? For real? I would've been able to overlook a lot of the other issues with the movie if the villain hadn't been so bland and uninteresting. The final battle was a massive disappointment.

The good? There were a couple of standout scenes and I really liked the Barry Allen/Flash character. He was easily the highlight of the movie for me. And the post-credits scene at least gives me some hope that a potential sequel will be better.

It pains me to say this but this is my least favorite DCU film.

1. Wonder Woman
2. Man of Steel
3. Suicide Squad
4. Batman vs. Superman
5. Justice League

Justice League

Okay. So it is somewhat entertaining, at least at times. But it's just tough not to feel really disappointed given the property we're dealing with here. It should've been great but instead it's just barely mediocre.

The first 30-45 minutes felt like a random compilation of scenes more so than a coherent story. Which I guess is to be expected when you are introducing 3 brand new main characters in a single movie. But I think the biggest flaw in a flaw-filled movie is the fact that the villain is so lame. Fuggin Steppenwolf? For real? I would've been able to overlook a lot of the other issues with the movie if the villain hadn't been so bland and uninteresting. The final battle was a massive disappointment.

The good? There were a couple of standout scenes and I really liked the Barry Allen/Flash character. He was easily the highlight of the movie for me. And the post-credits scene at least gives me some hope that a potential sequel will be better.

1. Wonder Woman
2. Man of Steel
3. Suicide Squad
4. Batman vs. Superman
5. Justice League
Marvel fanboy...

Justice League

1. Wonder Woman
2. Man of Steel
3. Suicide Squad
4. Batman vs. Superman
5. Justice League
BvS was the same way. The first half of the movie was just too disjointed.

BvS was the same way. The first half of the movie was just too disjointed.
Yeah. I'm a big time Batman fanboy too. So it really sucks both of the movies he's been involved with are the worst the DCU has had to offer. I actually like the look of that costume and am in the minority that thinks Affleck was a solid choice for the role. The problem is just the movies themselves.

It's a damn shame. And it comes off 10x worse on the heels of the fantastic Nolan trilogy.

The Shape of Water: 3rd movie in a row that I haven't liked. Everybody was raving about this movie because of the awards it won but my God what a boring ass movie that was even twisted at times. If you're REALLY into theatrical type drama and a LOT of symbolism then this movie is you. This movie was almost parallel in every way with Murder on the Orient Express.

I get that some folks won't like Shape of Water because it is a pretty slow moving fairy tale, but parallel to Oriental Express? I dunno about that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back