Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
How could I miss the jokes? Again it was the most watered down humor ever. When it's too cheesy for me to keep watching, it's just bad.

Again, it was like watching 7th graders improv a movie.

It's like Napolean Dynamite type bad. I can't see anyone doing anything but forcing themselves to laugh at this because they think they're supposed to.

You didn't watch it. I have nuthing else to add.

Bruno

I'm a little disspointed. I expected the shock factor to be there, but it crossed so many lines and was too disturbing for me to really say I enjoyed it. There are some serious LOL moments, but, at the same time, there are many WTF moments that make you wonder how the MPAA allowed this to make it to the big screen. I figured it would have a bunch of super gay moments, but it went above and beyond anything I thought could make it to theaters.

I can't really rate it on a scale of 1-10. There's no way to describe it. It's very funny, but also very disturbing.

If you think Borat's offensive or disturbing in any way at all, please don't go see this movie... not for the faint of heart. That's the only real advice I can give.

The Paula Abdul part had to be my favorite... the ending was awful and one part near the beginning (and another near the middle) was so gay and over the top.

I still was able to laugh at some of the gay stuff, but one of my friends left the movie... he's just uptight, I suppose.

Gran Torino
I'd heard so much positive on this movie but it didn't live up to the hype for me.

Overall, I enjoyed it but found the acting of the main two oriental actors to be so bad it was distracting. But Eastwood was born for this role and makes the movie worth watching by itself.

It's nice to see a movie which doesn't rely on a computer. I did enjoy the storyline. I wish some of the actors around Eastwood would have been better.

7.5 of 10

Bruno - Laughed my butt off throughout.. As Borat was funnier than Bruno on the TV show, Borat was equally more funny here BUT still hilarious..
Basically the same movie as Borat. The Straight Dave stuff and the TV pilot being completely out of control..

[REC] - The original version of Quarantine - made in Spain. Shot for shot it is almost the exact same movie EXCEPT where it counts. Better and scarier in all the money shots.. What the hell is that thing at the end? I do not know...

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Started off slow. But I really really liked this movie. Except if you watch the dang unrated version, you see just as much weiner as boobies. Nasty IMO. Overall, very funny and a good ending. So if you watch it and it starts out slow, give it a chance. It gets better......Plus Mila Kunis is HOTTTTTTT :)

9/10

watched this last night. I had a good time with it
I'm all for full frontal nudity in a movie with Kristen Bell and Mila Kunis. ........ but not if that nudity is a pudgy Jason Segel
fwiw, I don't remember seeing any of the girls with decent nude shots
the pic of Mila (Rachel) in the bathroom at Lazy Joe's was not her body
the girls have *implied* nude shots:hmm:
Russell Brand and Jonah Hill did a great job
there were some pretty funny quotes on the IMDB page
Dwayne the Bartender was probably my favorite character

props to Segel for writing a movie that didn't glorify his character

I have no problem giving it :thumb: :thumb:

BURN AFTER READING - latest Coen Bros flick.Well acted dark-ish comedy that will be hated by some and praised by others. Clooney, Brad Pitt and Malkovich match goofball wits in DC in another "plans gone awry" story as usual per the Coens. The Coens always deliver!
Saw this Thursday at the Franklin Carmike a few rows up from Floyd Reese and The Mrs.. They weren't laughing much..

I laughed quite a bit
I actually began watching this thinking it to be more of a drama as opposed to an outright comedy. Clooney and Pitt were fantastic. It was a little slow for my tastes, but some scenes had me bursting
I'd put it somewhere in the high 7's / low 8's

The Heartbreak Kid

typical Ben Stiller flick imo .. meaning it's just not that funny
there are a few quality moments ,but they are few and far between
under no circumstances would I buy this movie, nor would I waste $5 on a rental
but if it's on one of your movie channels, pop in and see if anything interests you
I expected better out of Carlos Mencia and Danny McBride

ps. one of the worst titles ever for a movie like this
even though it fits, it could also AKA as The Heartbreak Movie

The unrated version of Forgetting Sarah Marshall shows no more weiner than the original version... it just added that yoga scene, and I believe that's it.

... one of my favorite comedies of all time.

Bruno...

One of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time. Definitely not for homophobes, but me, my wife, and the entire theater seemed to be laughing hysterically the entire movie.

Way better than Borat was. Same basic movie, just different character and situations.

Borat

I've seen it so many times now, but this time was different... I watched it with my mom. :ha:

A little awkward at times, but she loved it. There's no way in hell I'll watch Bruno with her though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back