Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure, The Golden Compass was a little slow ... character developments and all, but things pick up and get darker. still, for a first book, I still think the Golden Compass was a decent introduction to the trilogy

I was going to ask you if you had read The Subtle Knife, give it a chapter or two and see what you think of it then.

sure, The Golden Compass was a little slow ... character developments and all, but things pick up and get darker. still, for a first book, I still think the Golden Compass was a decent introduction to the trilogy

I was going to ask you if you had read The Subtle Knife, give it a chapter or two and see what you think of it then.

I might give it a go.

I felt the same GC as I did with Eragon, just didn't appeal to me initially so I didn't get past the first book (and Eragon was a horrible movie).

I might give it a go.

I felt the same GC as I did with Eragon, just didn't appeal to me initially so I didn't get past the first book (and Eragon was a horrible movie).

Well, that is definitely a case of the movie being absolutely NOTHING like the book. The movie was downright horrible and pretty much missed every point, characterization and almost plot of the book.

One of the worst adaptations I've seen. Not of all... that I've seen.

I was talking about Eragon.

That being said, Puck brings up a good point - whether it was meant or not - that the film adaptation of The Golden Compass definitely had flaws. Especially the moving around of the plots and story, in general. Not only that, the book ended with a "cliffhanger" that leads it directly into the next book - it practically acknowledges that it's part of a trilogy. The movie does not. It basically ends as an almost stand along movie. The way the book ends and the way the movie ends are so different, I hate it. The movie ends about 15-20 minutes TOO SOON. :ha:

Finally saw the hangover. Now that I hadn't heard that it was the funniest movie ever for a couple of weeks, I was able to enjoy it. I'd say it's the best comedy that I've seen this year, but probably nothing more than that. Definitely didn't expect the extremely explicit slideshow at the end. Wow.

I forget who said it first, but Zach Galifinakas (sorry, not looking it up) made the movie.

That is FANTASTIC. I would like to see more of this in every theater!

Or, maybe just a strong beating by everyone in the theater if your cell goes off, you call someone or you text. Talk about a huge waste of money.

$12+ just to sit on your phone. Looks like somebody needs a good beating.

add babies to that list and you may be on to something. theaters should have the right to turn people away when they walk up to the ticket hut with a baby.

Txting only bothers me when my friend does it nonstop. He says he has to answer the txts because it's his girlfriend or something... Whcha whcha. Whipped asswipe!

I just say "in a movie" so I don't have to be the moron of the theater who txts nonstop.

The Golden Compass definitely had flaws. Especially the moving around of the plots and story, in general. Not only that, the book ended with a "cliffhanger" that leads it directly into the next book - it practically acknowledges that it's part of a trilogy. The movie does not. It basically ends as an almost stand along movie.

that's cause for concern, especially since they barely scratched $70m stateside with a $200m budget
they did so many things wrong in this movie it was criminal.
casting Nicole Kidman for starters
it's a shame, The Subtle Knife deserves to be adapted. having said that, if they do to it what they did to Golden Compass, they might as well just leave it be.

They lucked out with Panic Room.

From what I understand... Kidman was up for the role, but unable to do it, so they got Foster, instead. Which, in my opinion, worked out great.

Automaton Transfusion: two middle fingers.. If you're gonna make an indie Z film with a stuttering camera effect throughout, you'd best make the movie short cause I'm turning it off in 10 minutes...

Harold and Kumar : Escape from Guantanomo Bay
probably best viewed stoned
got a couple of chuckles along the way, but it seemed like it tried awfully hard to be offensive

Innocent Blood - The Sopranos with Vampires. Hadn't seen this in years and it still holds up nicely. Nuthin like seeing Don Rickles fall to pieces, literally..
PS: Robert Loggia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back