Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha naw.. though there's always gonna be that Village of The Damned vibe anytime a group of kids go evil..
The new The Children felt slightly Cronenberg-esque - maybe a little bit of The Brood spirit..

I'll have to check it out then. I liked The Brood quite a bit. Now that I'm getting older, children killing adults seems more menacing to me (I remember when I was little and thought Children of the Corn was tame because they'd NEVER come after me :ha:).

Oh man - I saw The Brood in the theater when I was maybe 11 or 12 and it FREAKED ME OUT.
The dude that played the father in The Brood was just in another similar movie called The Offspring.. Low rent "cannibals in Canada" flick that was effective at times and silly for the most part. Another Jack Ketchum book turned movie.
I'm sure it's no surprise but Children of the Corn has been remade. There's no re-casting Malakai or that other evil kid even as goofy as the original was....

Paranormal Activity: Credit due for a handy-cam shot flick shot on about a 4 dollar budget but it doesn't even start to live up to the box office #1 hype..

Paranormal Activity: Credit due for a handy-cam shot flick shot on about a 4 dollar budget but it doesn't even start to live up to the box office #1 hype..

The Fourth Kind looks like a better horror/mystery flick to me, I'd rather have stuff with real documentary video evidence rather than fiction, makes it alot creepier.

Star Trek: I've never watched or even seen anything Star Trek related before, so I have no idea if this one was faithful to anything, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

9/10.

The Fourth Kind looks like a better horror/mystery flick to me, I'd rather have stuff with real documentary video evidence rather than fiction, makes it alot creepier.

Saw that yesterday. It does make a better effect, but it is of course ENTIRELY a work of fiction.... which makes one wonder about the ethical issue of claiming that a mockumentary is real.

7/10 btw, for what it is... some of the scenes were kinda disturbing.

iselldeadpic1.jpg

I SELL THE DEAD..

Another excellent horror/comedy tale.. An imprisoned ex-Graverobber (LOTR dude/Charlie from Lost) recounts his wild career diggin up the dead. A very authentic "Hammer Films" feel makes this so cool. Even features Angus Scrimm (Tall Man from Fantasm) who I thought was long dead...

10 thumbs up..

iselldeadpic1.jpg

I SELL THE DEAD..

Another excellent horror/comedy tale.. An imprisoned ex-Graverobber (LOTR dude/Charlie from Lost) recounts his wild career diggin up the dead. A very authentic "Hammer Films" feel makes this so cool. Even features Angus Scrimm (Tall Man from Fantasm) who I thought was long dead...

10 thumbs up..

Woot! Must check this out just to see my man Scrimm.

Saw Slither for the first time last night finally. Surprisingly, I wasn't moved much. It's one of those comedy/horrors that wasn't that funny to me, and wasn't scary at all. By no means bad, it just didn't impress me all that much. Maybe I wasn't in the mood.

6/10

I've seen three movies in the past week at the cinemas

Couples Retreat - 7/10. Quite funny.

The Time Travellers Wife - 7/10 - interesting, but the ending was flat.

New Moon - 4/10 - don't ask....

Land of the Lost really was terrible. A couple of very minor funny parts, but mostly they were funny out of relief from all of the bad parts...

GI Joe lived up to my expectations. As long as I go into a movie with a large willingness to suspend my disbelief, and not requiring much plot, I'm pretty happy with stuff like this and transformers. It got me through an 8 hour plane ride much happier than land of the lost. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back