Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Donnie Darko last night for the first time, and I'm not sure I got it.
So, he went through a worm hole and avoided his death, only to not go through it later so he would die but his girlfriend would live?

Weird movie. But it holds up visually after 20 years, it doesn't look dated or 80's at all. Good music.

DD is one of those 'if you're not on serious drugs, you're not going to "get it"' type movies.

Great soundtrack though...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DR91Rj1ZN1M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DR91Rj1ZN1M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Pontypool - An especially original take on the zombie genre - a virus being spread not by blood or a cough, but by language. The dangers of memes (no, not the internet variety) is explored in this very creepy thriller. A morning disc jockey in a small Canadian town experiences the outbreak of a mysterious infection only through the interaction of people on phones (it's scarier and more unsettling than it sounds), and it soon becomes apparent that the source of the virus is more frightening than what anyone could imagine.

It's a totally unique twist on a very over-saturated subgenre of horror. While the trailer makes it look like some cheap Dawn of the Dead remake, believe me, it is nothing alike. It's not a gorefest, and is much more a psychological-horror. Highly, highly recommended to horror fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PZkXgk4hZM

The trailer does it zero justice, but I'll post it anyway.

Saw "The Informant!" today, the Matt Damon film. Was pretty good, the first half is alot better than the second half by alot. Some funny moments all around though, i loved "caught a big break there" moments :)

8/10

DD is one of those 'if you're not on serious drugs, you're not going to "get it"' type movies.

I've never been on any "serious drugs". But if you have, can you explain a little of DD to me?
Was there a worm hole? Who did the time traveling? How did the old lady fit in? Was it all just his psychotic hallucinations?
What the hell?

Saw "The Informant!" today, the Matt Damon film. Was pretty good, the first half is alot better than the second half by alot. Some funny moments all around though, i loved "caught a big break there" moments :)

8/10

I loved it. Damon was great in it. Not what I'm used to seeing him in, and he did a really good job.

One of the best parts is when he tries to say that the price fixing has stopped and things are different like the FBI was just gonna stop the case. I really enjoyed this one.

I checked out Alice in Wonderland over the weekend. My girlfriend had recently done a bunch of work on it in her children's literature class, so she was explaining a lot of the symbolism and metaphor stuff to me as we watched it. Even without knowing too much about the story going in (I must live under a rock, right?), I thought it was a pretty decent movie. I'm not sure if the 3D is any good, but the 2D was pretty vibrant and visually well done.

7.5/10

Pontypool - An especially original take on the zombie genre - a virus being spread not by blood or a cough, but by language. The dangers of memes (no, not the internet variety) is explored in this very creepy thriller. A morning disc jockey in a small Canadian town experiences the outbreak of a mysterious infection only through the interaction of people on phones (it's scarier and more unsettling than it sounds), and it soon becomes apparent that the source of the virus is more frightening than what anyone could imagine.

It's a totally unique twist on a very over-saturated subgenre of horror. While the trailer makes it look like some cheap Dawn of the Dead remake, believe me, it is nothing alike. It's not a gorefest, and is much more a psychological-horror. Highly, highly recommended to horror fans.

The trailer does it zero justice, but I'll post it anyway.

Cool... I have Pontypool waiting for me when I get home from LA.. Rue Morgue have this a great review - and their already is a part II in the works..

Saw 'Precious'.

Extremely overrated. Kind of boring, predictable, and just average in every way.

Monique shouldn't have gotten an Oscar for 30 seconds worth of overachiever style acting, either. Not that great.

Saw 'Precious'.

Extremely overrated. Kind of boring, predictable, and just average in every way.

Monique shouldn't have gotten an Oscar for 30 seconds worth of overachiever style acting, either. Not that great.

I agree. Lets make Monique throw pots, pans, television sets and glasses at her pregnant daughter=OSCAR.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)
by far one of the worst movies I have ever seen
maybe if you removed Jaden Smith and Kathy Bates and gave more John Cleese .... aww screw it, that movie was hopeless after the first 10 minutes
I walked around for half an hour last night afterwards saying "that was horrible, horrible" over and over

Green Zone - 5/10

It's like they were trying to remake a Bourne movie in the middle east, but no where near as good. Convoluted story too. Bleh.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZWTzyU5MFgM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZWTzyU5MFgM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back