Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
I just had to slap myself in the face with some cold water and take a swig o' whiskey... I can't believe that we now have Billy Volek as our starting QB. What is this world coming to? John Mclain believes that Vince will be starting earlier than later. He said today on sports talk that he thinks we'll see Vincanity after only a few games into the season.

I would rather watch VY learn and get better than have to sit through a season of Volek blunders...

Maybe Volek won't be all that bad.
I for one will champion his cause.
That is until he lays massive egg numero dos.

Then the hater inside will put his titty in the wringer!:evil:

This is my first post, so I'll begin with a question.

First let me say that I have loved Steve McNair...But I love the Titans more.

I've watched this McNair thing playout in the national sports media. To hear them tell it, the Titans are a bunch of deaf, dumb, and blind idiots for letting Mac go. DID THEY WATCH HIM PLAY THE PAST TWO YEARS. Do they know he's so fragil, he can't practice with the team.

NOW Baltimore has the last piece of the puzzle in place to beat everybody in the NFL !?!

If Mac was still that good, Tennessee would have found a way to keep him.

( OK, I'LL admit that was a statement, not a question)

Here's my question-- Is it just me, or does the national media seem to have a certain dislike for Tennessee?

Thanks...GO TITANS...It's good to be among friends !

If Roethlisberger can step in as a rookie and reel off 15 straight wins, what makes any of you think Vince Young can't do the same? He'll be in the game sooner or later, might as well throw the kid in the fire.

OilersTitansFan said:
If Roethlisberger can step in as a rookie and reel off 15 straight wins, what makes any of you think Vince Young can't do the same? He'll be in the game sooner or later, might as well throw the kid in the fire.
You've done it now... I tried to make that argument before we even drafted the guy... Haven't you heard? Vince is retarded and cannot read. It's all right there in the once 2legit2quit shortbus thread.:barf:

OilersTitansFan said:

Roth was in a much better situation. I seem to miss when we got the D pit had and the running game and a player like Hines Ward. He came to a playoff team and just propelled them to the next step.

We have won 9 games in two seasons. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Who else loved during the Pit Indy playoff game last season when you see Dungy and all of the people mouthing "He missed it??!!". That was classic.

They just did a thing on Pardon the Interruption on ESPN about Kyle Boller and McNair and Tony Kornheiser was talking about how McNair is washed up and can't play anymore so why are they getting him when they have a young Boller.

A lot of the national media seems to have really figured out how much Steve was hurt and never played. I know John McClain always talks about how Steve is always hurt, etc....

I hope Volek does well but he didn't seem to click with the Norm Chow tweaks last year but I just hope it's not another putting up with Volek playing and if he's hurt, Mauck plays just to keep VY on the sideline...

Does anyone remember when Steve was a rookie and if Chandler was hurt, Will Furer would play???

Man he was terrible....VY will blow people away when he gets in!

TJ

Well if we float near .500 then i could live with that, as long as Vince can start a game or 2 at the end of the season then he'll start next year.
O.k i'm out of ideas

.. width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DF0bvePqgP0"></param><embed allowScriptAccess="never" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DF0bvePqgP0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed>..>:ha:

WE NEED THIS GUY

Voleck will be fine. He'll serve our purpose for this year.
Next year is when we take a big step forward. There will be no McNair dead money to account for. Capwise we should be able to add the bells and whistles on our bandwagon that's about ready to leave the show room.

Hoffa said:
Voleck will be fine. He'll serve our purpose for this year.
Next year is when we take a big step forward. There will be no McNair dead money to account for. Capwise we should be able to add the bells and whistles on our bandwagon that's about ready to leave the show room.
NOW UR TALKING MY L-I-N-G-O:brow:

<table align=center bgcolor=#dcfafa border=1 bordercolor=black cellpadding="0" cellspacing=0>
<tr><td width=250px><table cellspacing=0 width=100%>
<tr><td bgcolor=black align=center><A href="http://www.go-quiz.com/cool/cool-test.php" style="text-decoration: none;"><font style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 12pt; color:#dcfafa;">Am I cool or uncool? [CLICK]</font></a></td></tr>
<Tr><td align=center width=99%><font style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 18pt; color: Black;">You are <A href="http://www.go-quiz.com/cool/supercool.php" style="text-decoration: none; color: black;">Super-Cool</a>!</font></td></tr>
<tr><td align=center><font style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 11pt; color: Black;">Woah! Step back - the future's so bright for you it's blinding me! You are the coolest of the cool. Everyone looks up to you as the benchmark for being coooool. The fonze was your grandfather. Any cooler and you'd freeze! WOO it's chilly in here.</font></td></tr>
<tr><td bgcolor=black align=center><A href="http://www.go-quiz.com/" style="text-decoration: none;"><font style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, Verdana; font-size: 9pt; color: #dcfafa;">Cool quizzes at Go-Quiz.com</font></a></td></tr>
</table></td></tr></table>

Try this

http://sunshinepreps.net/content/view/56/1

Monday, May 24, 2004

By Bruce Feldman
ESPN The Magazine

The kid's name is Noel Devine, and up 'til about two weeks ago, he was a little-known prep tailback from southwest Florida. Sure, the people around the town of Fort Myers knew of him. After all, Devine had built up quite a rep running wild in Pop Warner ball for the Cape Coral Junior Dolphins smashing touchdown records, evoking comparisons to Fort Myers' original game-breaker, Deion Sanders.

Last fall, the 5-foot-7, 170-pound freshman also had quite a varsity debut for North Fort Myers High, rushing for 1,092 yards (over 9 yards per carry). However, five months after the season ended, Devine's rep has really taken off.

Why? An eye-popping six-minute highlight package of Devine's best runs surfaced on the web a few weeks ago, and his moves -- particularly on an 80-yard catch-and-run where he broke 10 tackles thanks in part to a trio of 360-spins -- had fans posting links to the video on college sites all across the country.

The reactions were pretty similar: "Unreal ? He's another Barry Sanders ? WOW!! ? Hope our coaches have seen this."

Ah, the wonders of the web. Last time we saw this kind of grass roots Internet buzz was when the X-rated Paris Hilton video made the rounds. Devine's video was courtesy of Tampa-based Sunshine Preps, an independent recruiting service run by 29-year-old Derek Williams, a finance consultant who created the free site to help Florida kids get noticed. Mission accomplished.

Less than two weeks after Williams posted a "Hey, check this out" link on a local bulletin board to Devine's highlight reel, his site was getting hammered. "I think we had 20,000 hits one day and my website lady called and said she had to take the video down because it crashed the site," says Williams.

For the skeptics out there, Devine's performance did come against solid competition. (North Fort Myers is not only Sanders' alma mater, but Jevon Kearse's as well.) As the video shows Devine has outstanding balance, quickness and speed (he's a 10.7 100-meter man already). His coach James Iandoli, who also coached one-time Florida phenom Willie Green at Kissimmee Osceola, reports that Devine even benches 330 pounds. Iandoli says the thing that really catches his eye though is how Devine runs with such a forward lean and cuts "downhill." Still, the coach admits he's leery about his young back's sudden celebrity. "People have been calling him 'The Next Deion' for awhile," he says. "He's a good kid. I just hope he can manage it all."

Volek will be fine. He has had 6 years of learning behind McNair. The shots that Billy has gotten in the past were random and sporadic except for the latter part of 2004, when he broke records. You would give him more credit if he would have demanded a trade or release a year or so ago, but he was counting on being in this situation someday. He knows the team, he knows what it feels like to be a playoff team (and helped us get there a few times), and he has more experience with this offensive coaching squad than any other backup that you would pull in off the streets. A while back, there was a rumor of trying to implement the option into the offensive playbook. Volek, I believe, will be able to pick up on that very quickly if indeed it is true. Give the man credit. He can teach VY as much as McNair could, but at a cheaper price. Now, the team can finally move forward into OTAs and Training Camp with an assurance of who will be starting. I feel good about this setup.

I'm not sure how Volek is going to work out this year. I know he has potential. Last year when he did get to play, he wasn't thrown into the best situations. This is a do-or-die year for him as it is Calico. This year, Volek can make a HUGE statement for himself. If he plays this year out and leads this team to 10 wins, his stock will rise high enough to start on someone elses team. I don't think he'll opt to stay here. It's going to be an interesting year. I hope he steps up.

Sukrillux said:
Volek will be fine. He has had 6 years of learning behind McNair. The shots that Billy has gotten in the past were random and sporadic except for the latter part of 2004, when he broke records.
We lost all of those games he played in during the 2004 season so I would hardly consider that a success. Plus, that was under Dinger. So far under Chow, he's barely been able to complete anything when he's had the chance.

You would give him more credit if he would have demanded a trade or release a year or so ago, but he was counting on being in this situation someday. He knows the team, he knows what it feels like to be a playoff team (and helped us get there a few times), and he has more experience with this offensive coaching squad than any other backup that you would pull in off the streets. A while back, there was a rumor of trying to implement the option into the offensive playbook. Volek, I believe, will be able to pick up on that very quickly if indeed it is true.
Billy is the most fragile player we have on the team including the kickers. He would get his head taken off running option plays. Actually, if we impliment an option we're sure to have Vince as a starter much sooner. Not a bad idea...

Give the man credit. He can teach VY as much as McNair could, but at a cheaper price. Now, the team can finally move forward into OTAs and Training Camp with an assurance of who will be starting. I feel good about this setup.
Steve would relate to VY much much better than Billy. Their playing slyles are similar, not to mention, Steve is a father figure to Vince. I think he would have an easier time learning from Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back