Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gene the PIG said:
Collins would be a welcome band-aid for a year as compared to Fiedler or Maddox, imo.

Collins can sling it, & played in a Super Bowl not all that long ago. As did another guy who played in that very same one ... Trent Dilfer. I know ... yikes

I think the Brownies cut him a while back, dint they?

Acually he was traded to the 9ers for Ken Dorsey.

Gene the PIG said:
Trent Dilfer. I know ... yikes

I think the Brownies cut him a while back, dint they?
I don't know what kind of irony this is, put let's frame this up so we can gauge the severity of the qb shortage here... ok, we deal McNair to the Ratbirds who plowed over us on their way to the Super Bowl winning it with Trent Dilfer who isn't good enough for the Browns who take and stick with a guy like Couch.

Double Yikes

Volek is "fragile"

Okay, even though I've said this before myself, let's look at this..

He ruptured a spleen and finished the game. Pundits asked "What are they feeding the QBs in Tennessee that makes them so tough?"

Pardon my memory lapse, but what was next? a torn shoulder? Well, Drew Brees had the same problem, and nobody here is chapping his butt about it.

I seem to remember that there was a third injury...forgot what. No matter....My point is that I don't remember Steve McNair faring very well behind that same O-line.

Given the injury history of this team, I think that calling BV "glass" is just throwing stones in...in...dangit, there's some phrase about this, and I forgot what it was....

Avvie "I'm not a doctor, but I've given lots of money to them" Hughes

all Titan qb's are tough:
Pastorini played with broken ribs and a punctured lung. Missed only 5 games in his career.

Volek will be tough whether he likes it or not.

NFL changed the emergency QB rule last year right??? Meaning they eliminated that rule so if teams wanted a 3rd active QB he counted against the 46 game day limit correct?

I know the dolts only had 2 QBs and the Titans started the season with 2.

avvie said:
Okay, even though I've said this before myself, let's look at this..

He ruptured a spleen and finished the game. Pundits asked "What are they feeding the QBs in Tennessee that makes them so tough?"

Pardon my memory lapse, but what was next? a torn shoulder? Well, Drew Brees had the same problem, and nobody here is chapping his butt about it.

I seem to remember that there was a third injury...forgot what. No matter....My point is that I don't remember Steve McNair faring very well behind that same O-line.

Given the injury history of this team, I think that calling BV "glass" is just throwing stones in...in...dangit, there's some phrase about this, and I forgot what it was....

Avvie "I'm not a doctor, but I've given lots of money to them" Hughes

you are comparing three QB injuries to one QB who has had two/three serious injuries.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
....winning it with Trent Dilfer who isn't good enough for the Browns who take and stick with a guy like Couch.

Double Yikes

Couch isn't in the NFL anymore. Talk about a bust. Charlie Frye is the guy in Cleve.

We don't need another QB. We can't get better adding anybody without over paying. If injuries dictate otherwise then so be it. Let's see if Billy will take a page out of Drew Breese's book or will Vince take one out of Big Ben's.

oilerstruck said:
We don't need another QB. We can't get better adding anybody without over paying. If injuries dictate otherwise then so be it. Let's see if Billy will take a page out of Drew Breese's book or will Vince take one out of Big Ben's.

I hope he doesn't take todays page out of Big Bens book. Poor guy. I heard his career might be over.

If we need to go to a 3rd QB this year we are F'd up the A. This team is unproven and if we go through Young on the way to the third QB..... I don't even want to finish this thought.

Dangermode said:
Couch isn't in the NFL anymore.
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=142594&postcount=2
Talk about a bust.:brow:
YOU'RE ON!!!
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showpost.php?p=139643&postcount=6
:spit:____________________________same thread
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?p=139643#post139643

read down through the thread.
Couch gets ripped on pretty hard.:winker:

yoda.jpg

Couch el finito.

Hilarious! I agree with you totaly. The guy is shook and had NO place on this team. Creepy how everyone was talkin' bout trading Volek. Imagine a world where Mauck is our veteran?!:whoop:

I liked Starkillers idea of bringing in Jeff George and Ryan Leaf though to compete with Volek and Young.:bonk2:

Don't bother...

A while back i also thought we needed another more experienced QB but the more i think of it an inexperienced vince young armed with a limited playbook and plays taped to his arm can ad lib his way to better results than any of those bums.

Well...

You do NOT bring in a QB who is a poor leader and a selfish player. Leaf and George are the definition of that. The last couple of Leaf interviews tells me he does not want to play football anymore....anywhere.

You bring in either an injured guy with some talent and or experience to be the backup/potential starter for next year (Fiedler type guy), a guy with talent but who fell on hard times (Couch type player), or a vet starting QB (ala Kerry Collins) who has done some things in his career.

Question is, where do we get the most bang for our bucks...

Starting QB ala KC?
Starting CB ala Ty Law?
Starting Caliber QB coming off injury (Fiedler) and starting caliber CB coming off injury (Plummer)?

Gut

In what world is Collins OK?

Yes he went to a Super Bowl but after being humiliated in it he started drink like a fish. It ruined his career and he went to AA for a while. He has never played the same since.

He got boo'ed in Chokeland almost from the get go. People were calling for Tui by game 4. The guy is just a headache and a start of a ton of threads on how bad he is.

NO COLLINS! :yell:

Gut said:
Well...

You do NOT bring in a QB who is a poor leader and a selfish player. Leaf and George are the definition of that. The last couple of Leaf interviews tells me he does not want to play football anymore....anywhere... Gut

Holy CRAP! I guess you couldn't tell I was being sarcastic. Jeff George is in an old folks home and I'm pretty sure that's Ryan Leaf passed out drunk in the ditch in front of my house right now. I'm calling the police.

P.S. Starkiller was being sarcastic too.

P.P.S. Collins is garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back