Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I infer they're going to swap them. The D looks to have many contributors and be very fluid from the sound of things.

Weird, does it strike you that we have a team of free safeties at the top of the depth chart? Hope, Thompson, Fuller and Lowry all have been billed as free safeties, though Hope and Lowry say they can play strong, and Thompson will have to. (Yes, I've left of Nickey and Randall).

GLinks said:
Wonder if elfinmagic has already clipped this and stuck it on her fridge.
Hill Looking to Build on Rookie Season

elf mail...<---post on Tank

When Titans safety Lamont Thompson watched himself on film after the 2005 season, he didn't like what he saw.
:ha:

Am I the only one that thinks that is hilarious?:ha:

It will be better.

Thompson Hoping to Add a Step Back to His Game

SUMMARY: After watching film of his play last year, S Lamont Thompson didn't like what he saw. He was often a step too late to making a play. Though the Titans have asked Thompson to drop 10 pounds and get faster, they understand the real reason was his role in getting the rookie corners in position before the snap. "When you are a free safety in the middle and you have two rookies starting, you have a lot of work to do," said Coach Jeff Fisher. "And that's what he did. He was getting people lined up, and when the ball is finally snapped, the last person he was worried about was himself. Now as everybody grows in the defense and gets more experience, Lamont can pay more attention to what Lamont is supposed to do." Thompson is now working with S Chris Hope as the two will alternate roles. Both players will be asked to play close to the line of scrimmage on run plays, and at other times drop back to oversee large areas in coverage.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

"I didn't like what I saw last year. It was very disappointing, and I don't want to ever go through a season like that, just having the win-loss ratio we had and how we did as a defense and a secondary. But I think we'll be a whole lot better. I know personally I feel a whole lot better now.''
:) See. Lamont is in agreement.

Do does anyone think less hair can make you faster?

How much of those 10 lbs are dreads?

He was often a step too late to making a play.

This was a misprint. It should have been written:

He was often a couple of steps too late to making a play.

Did LaMont make any plays last year at all? I don't remember seeing him break up any passes or stick any RBs or WRs on a tackle. It was almost like he wasn't even out there.

With the addition of thornton our safeties won't have to play as much time at the line of scrimmage this year, even though there will be instances where you will see either play close to it. Hope has very good range and speed so that makes our pass D that much better thankfully. Even though you'll see only a few new players on D this year, it will be a completely different look, this defense will be very good.

bulluck4dMVP said:
With the addition of thornton our safeties won't have to play as much time at the line of scrimmage this year, even though there will be instances where you will see either play close to it. Hope has very good range and speed so that makes our pass D that much better thankfully. Even though you'll see only a few new players on D this year, it will be a completely different look, this defense will be very good.

That is also dependant on KVB performing to about the same level he did last season/not getting injured which is not a given.

Whenever I saw the Titans play last year, whenever there was a TD happening, I would see Lamont running behind the player, always running behind, and never really doing anything!

Gunny said:
i think he meant alternating places SS / FS
Apparently they aren't going to differentiate the 2 positions quite like they used to. They reportedly are going to have 2 interchangeable safeties, one on the right and one on the left. This was per a Fisher comment.

The same will also hold true of the OLB spots since Bulluck and Thornton are so similar.

Starkiller said:
Apparently they aren't going to differentiate the 2 positions quite like they used to. They reportedly are going to have 2 interchangeable safeties, one on the right and one on the left. This was per a Fisher comment.

The same will also hold true of the OLB spots since Bulluck and Thornton are so similar.

exactly....

Didnt he come in to camp or whatever last year at around 230+ almost as big as bulluck? he better be good this year cuz i really dont like him

I'll be the loan person to support Lamont. I was in another post lol.

I think to blame a FS for our troubles when we are running two rookie CBs and carrying the dead weight of Tank Williams is allot to put on one guy. He did an OK job. He will take a whopping 300K of our salary cap this season and with a little more experience around him he should not be picking up rookie mistake and falling back on the guys who have already burned or CB in the first place.

Face it guys/gals our Defense was terrible last season and it was a team effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back