Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
:toast: :toast: I don't see anyone having to cover anyone that can't do their job this year. I believe this will be an outstanding D. (disclaimer---barring any serious injuries)

hey, the dreads didn't seem to slow down Ricky Williams or Edgerrin James. The Dreads RULE. Lamont is my boy. And everyone can make claims about that things are his fault, but there's a reason they extended his contract and let Tank go. They know what they're doing.

Nobody was complaining when LT was making picks left and right when Samari and Dyson were there. We can always judge from what we see, but those plays where he was chasing the play may not have even been his responsibility. We're not the coaches, we're casual observers. He could've been trying to compensate pacman's lack of production.

titanfan53 said:
yea i think the loss of the dreads will make him a bit lighter on his feet, lol

be careful, ricky williams lost his dreads but that hair started growing on his face... the wind can get in that...

GOFIGURETITANS said:
:toast: :toast: I don't see anyone having to cover anyone that can't do their job this year. I believe this will be an outstanding D. (disclaimer---barring any serious injuries)

I agree, the offense will do better this year, so the defense will have more desire to keep the team in the game.

goTitans.com said:
SUMMARY: After watching film of his play last year, S Lamont Thompson didn't like what he saw. He was often a step too late to making a play. Though the Titans have asked Thompson to drop 10 pounds and get faster, they understand the real reason was his role in getting the rookie corners in position before the snap. "When you are a free safety in the middle and you have two rookies starting, you have a lot of work to do," said Coach Jeff Fisher. "And that's what he did. He was getting people lined up, and when the ball is finally snapped, the last person he was worried about was himself. Now as everybody grows in the defense and gets more experience, Lamont can pay more attention to what Lamont is supposed to do." Thompson is now working with S Chris Hope as the two will alternate roles. Both players will be asked to play close to the line of scrimmage on run plays, and at other times drop back to oversee large areas in coverage.
What did I tell you haters and doubters? Lamont rocks!

Sledge said:
be careful, ricky williams lost his dreads but that hair started growing on his face... the wind can get in that...

I think Ricky learned to use his beared like that guy in the Starburst commercial. Probably will use it for a sick stiff arm.

elfinmagic53 said:
What did I tell you haters and doubters? Lamont rocks!
What are you talking about honeychild?
Lamont is in the same spot Woolfolk is in.
It's time to improve... period.

Both players have the support of the body
of the membership yet both players are
on the bubble and without a great 2006 season
both can forget about long term futures here.

It was either Thompson or Williams...
One of them HAD to go.
They chose to keep Lamont.
Had Williams been better Lamont would have been out.

The theme of all of this is that Thompson looked at the film
of this past season and he did not like what he saw.
End of story.

Wear it.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
What are you talking about honeychild?
Lamont is in the same spot Woolfolk is in.
It's time to improve... period.

Both players have the support of the body
of the membership yet both players are
on the bubble and without a great 2006 season
both can forget about long term futures here.

It was either Thompson or Williams...
One of them HAD to go.
They chose to keep Lamont.
Had Williams been better Lamont would have been out.

The theme of all of this is that Thompson looked at the film
of this past season and he did not like what he saw.
End of story.
Wear it.
Bah, he's only getting pub because of his little media "fan club". Notice how many stories King Loc Boy is getting.:brow: Children and their crushes.:sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back