Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
nigel said:
The Saints wont pass on him. Though they'll probably trade their spot. I would imagine their phone is ringing off the hook.

I really dont think this changes the Titans plans that much, as everyone expected Bush and Williams to go 1/2 anyway.

My bet? San Franciso gives an arm and a leg to get Bush.

PhiSlammaJamma said:
They need to move up and get another big name. Imagine if they could get up to draft Young. That would be a big pr swing.

I added up their picks going by the draft chart a few days ago and basically, for them to be able to get into a position to draft Young they'd have to give up all of their 06 draft except the #1 pick and throw in a player or the #1 for next year.

I agree that would be a perfect way for them to appease the fans, but it would be a huge mistake for the franchise.

There is no reason to think the Saints pick Bush. They could easily pass him over. Interestingly, whoever does trade down with Bush will make the Texans look like idiots. Because they will get the house when they do it. And Texan fans will be wondering what could have been. The Titans may be put into that position too. Having to decide, Bush, Young, or picks. Now if that does happen, you are talking about the wildest draft ever, in which the probable best player is up for grabs to the highest bidder because frankly, nobody really needs him util the Jets pick.

The only thing which might tempt Bud more than having the hometown hero going against the Texans twice a year is having the guy they passed on be a thorn in their sides.

I'd think the Jets could make a little noise here if they wanted to give up their other first rounder.

I still think the Saints will trade down, probably with SF or maybe GB. SF has 2 1st rounders and can throw in a bonus pick. Plus, the Saints need a lot of help for the future and don't need Bush (assuming Deuce recovers from his ACL). And Benson is still too cheap to pay a $20M+ SB to a rookie (but then so are the 49ers owners).

If I'm the Saints, I'd pass on Bush, trade down, and take Brick or Hawk.

Or, if we're REALLY lucky, no one thinks the Saints will take Bush and he'll drop to #3...

Someone should look at how this impacts the qb's. I mean if we take Bush. Because suddenly the Jets are in the power position there. And the qb's are all thrown off. You've got major sliding going on at that position. And that ultimately impacts a ton of teams. The Redskins gotta be kicking themselves in the rear for missing out on this draft. Suddenly it's a whirlwind.

Gunny said:
I don't, I think San Fran have too many needs to give up a draft for one player.

They have 2 first round picks and a running back named Kevin "I Can't Get More Than 900 Yards In A Season" Barlow. I'd say they might have the BIGGEST need of anyone in this draft to get Bush...

PhiSlammaJamma said:
5 teams contacted the Saints... That's gotta include us.

Depends on what they offer.

Saints have an issue, if they want Brick they may have to stay at #2 because the Jets still may get him (Jets still have Pennington and Ramsey on the roster)

KamikaZ said:
They have 2 first round picks and a running back named Kevin "I Can't Get More Than 900 Yards In A Season" Barlow. I'd say they might have the BIGGEST need of anyone in this draft to get Bush...

They also have Frank Gore and a terrible O-Line.

They also may have two 1st, but no second and no one in the 3rd is really going to reverse there fortunes.

If they were smart they take Vernon Davis/Huff/Hawk with the first pick at 6 and then take Williams/Maroney/Addai with the 22 pick.

They will do more combined then Reggie Bush will by himself.

Gunny said:
They also have Frank Gore and a terrible O-Line.

They also may have two 1st, but no second and no one in the 3rd is really going to reverse there fortunes.

If they were smart they take Vernon Davis/Huff/Hawk with the first pick at 6 and then take Williams/Maroney/Addai with the 22 pick.

They will do more combined then Reggie Bush will by himself.

Frank Gore? Pfft, let's pretend you didn't say that; no way he's a long term answer.

SF lacks a big name. I mean, zero. Reggie Bush has the talent and the name. Package 2 firsts to get Bush, and maybe an additional pick, and you got THE player for the next decade.

Bush will be a star in this league, and the Texans are fools to pass him up for Williams, without getting ANY compensation for it.:sad2:

KamikaZ said:
Frank Gore? Pfft, let's pretend you didn't say that; no way he's a long term answer.

SF lacks a big name. I mean, zero. Reggie Bush has the talent and the name. Package 2 firsts to get Bush, and maybe an additional pick, and you got THE player for the next decade.

Bush will be a star in this league, and the Texans are fools to pass him up for Williams, without getting ANY compensation for it.:sad2:

Al Gore did average 4.8 per carry and did better then Barlow. Although a Bush and Gore tandem would be highly amusing, it won't happen.

They'd be better off filling two need positions with two first rounders, they (in theory) will get a better return by having a better running game and better play at Tight End, resulting in a 10 times better offense (assuming they take Williams and Davis)

Neither Davis nor Williams are the caliber player Bush is. You're arguement is based on the idea that SF absolutely need this draft to succeed soon. I disagree.

Trading up for Bush is a very bold move, and it'll say a lot about where that team wants to go. Bush and Smith can be cornerstones for that franchise, and one day, will be rippin' the league up (maybe sooner then I think).

Are Williams and Davis or anyone else they could take with their first 2 picks good and act as important players in the here and now? Probably. But that's not what that team needs IMO. They need a star.

Carpy said:
Let's hope the Texans just drafted the second coming of Andre Wadsworth......

His work ethic and drive have been called downright terrible by some. He's a player who wouldn't just take off plays, but entire games. He's a top 5 player because of his freakish talent. His heart and desire are very questionable at this point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back