Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's pretty obvious there is asymptomatic spread, otherwise the Titans would have 23 positives and counting.

Lol ok champ. So I guess the CDC and WHO either aren't telling us the truth or you know more than they do.

Go ahead and name an asymptomatic Titan player.

Looks like we may end up forfeiting this week as our punishment after all. This is best case scenario IMO. Better than having to play the game without our quarantined and suspended players (and losing anyways), or losing draft picks. Just take the L, get everyone healthy, and put this behind us.

View attachment 17842

Looks like we may end up forfeiting this week as our punishment after all. This is best case scenario IMO. Better than having to play the game without our quarantined and suspended players (and losing anyways), or losing draft picks. Just take the L, get everyone healthy, and put this behind us.

View attachment 17842

1--The best scenario is to quarantine the Titans for the next 2 weeks and postpone both upcoming games until a later date.

2--Why would we give the Bills an automatic win? I think the Patriots, Dolphins, etc. might take exception with that.

Yeah and they said it’s “very rare”. Again if it was as common as you all want to make it seem there would be far more evidence of it actually happening.

"Asymptomatic cases are challenging to identify because individuals do not know they are infected unless they are tested over the course of their infection, which is typically only done systematically as a part of a scientific study."

I think what the CDC is really saying is we do not know what the rate of transmission is, but that it is possible.

Even the WHO had to back away from the statement "very rare" after it was made.

WHO clarifies comments on asymptomatic spread of Covid-19

"Van Kerkhove acknowledged Tuesday that her use of the phrase “very rare” had been a miscommunication. She said she had based that phrasing on findings from a small number of studies that followed asymptomatic cases and tracked how many of their contacts became infected. She said she did not mean to imply that “asymptomatic transmission globally” was happening rarely, because that has not been determined yet."

"Asymptomatic cases are challenging to identify because individuals do not know they are infected unless they are tested over the course of their infection, which is typically only done systematically as a part of a scientific study."

I think what the CDC is really saying is we do not know what the rate of transmission is, but that it is possible.

Even the WHO had to back away from the statement "very rare" after it was made.

WHO clarifies comments on asymptomatic spread of Covid-19

"Van Kerkhove acknowledged Tuesday that her use of the phrase “very rare” had been a miscommunication. She said she had based that phrasing on findings from a small number of studies that followed asymptomatic cases and tracked how many of their contacts became infected. She said she did not mean to imply that “asymptomatic transmission globally” was happening rarely, because that has not been determined yet."

Dude I’m not gonna keep repeating myself to you.

If it was as common as y’all make it seem. There would be WAY more evidence of it actually happening. No one is saying it’s not possible.

That’s literally what both of those articles are saying you just posted. There isn’t enough evidence to make a determination. So stop acting like it’s a major problem.

Lol ok champ. So I guess the CDC and WHO either aren't telling us the truth or you know more than they do.

Go ahead and name an asymptomatic Titan player.
Soooo, you then belive a player with flu-like symptoms, shortage of breath, and coughing up a lung, is still participating in team activates and his teammates are cool being around them? Especially during this time? How else did we get 23 positives? All fake news?

You're throwing out CDC and WHO but both have actually said it's possible. So what now? Just your conviction to stand by?

If it was as common as y’all make it seem. There would be WAY more evidence of it actually happening. No one is saying it’s not possible.

That’s literally what both of those articles are saying you just posted. There isn’t enough evidence to make a determination. So stop acting like it’s a major problem.
Yes. Please stop repeating yourself. Thanks.

View attachment 17842
I doubt it. More "reports" have come out that this would cost the Bills players their salary. It might already be off the table.

We'll see.

Soooo, you then belive a player with flu-like symptoms, shortage of breath, and coughing up a lung, is still participating in team activates and his teammates are cool being around them? Especially during this time? How else did we get 23 positives? All fake news?

You're throwing out CDC and WHO but both have actually said it's possible. So what now? Just your conviction to stand by?

Yes. Please stop repeating yourself. Thanks.

Isnt the incubation period up to 14 days? Do I really need to explain this to y’all? I mean there’s plenty of information you can just look up for yourself.

First of all, I haven't stated that asymptomatic transmission is a major problem. I have posted that I wear a mask due to the people that I work with on a daily basis being at a higher likelihood for testing positive for COVID (inmates in county jail, etc.) and I don't want to take the chance of spreading it just in case.

Second, what the WHO and CDC are saying is that by the very definition of what is an asymptomatic person is it is very difficult to determine if they are transmitting it. Why, because it is more than likely a person doesn't know that they are infected unless for some reason they had to get a COVID test. Both organizations stress that further studies need to be done.

For example, a study published in August 2020 seemed to indicate asymptomatic patients had as large of a viral load in their noses, throats, and lungs as patients who were infected with the coronavirus and developed symptoms of Covid-19 and carried the virus for nearly as long as persons who developed symptoms.

Clinical Course and Molecular Viral Shedding Among Patients With SARS-CoV-2 Infection

That could be evidence that asymptomatic transmission is occurring at a rate that is certainly more than "very rare." Or it could be mean nothing and the study is an outlier.

What I take issue with is your term "very rare" that even the WHO backed away from. It is simply not accurate. The simple truth is we do not yet know how prevalent asymptomatic transmission is, but we do know that it is certainly possible. 36 million confirmed worldwide cases, a number that is certainly much higher as there are people who have had it and never got tested, is certainly a lot in a little under a year.

First of all, I haven't stated that asymptomatic transmission is a major problem. I have posted that I wear a mask due to the people that I work with on a daily basis being at a higher likelihood for testing positive for COVID (inmates in county jail, etc.) and I don't want to take the chance of spreading it just in case.

Second, what the WHO and CDC are saying is that by the very definition of what is an asymptomatic person is it is very difficult to determine if they are transmitting it. Why, because it is more than likely a person doesn't know that they are infected unless for some reason they had to get a COVID test. Both organizations stress that further studies need to be done.

For example, a study published in August 2020 seemed to indicate asymptomatic patients had as large of a viral load in their noses, throats, and lungs as patients who were infected with the coronavirus and developed symptoms of Covid-19 and carried the virus for nearly as long as persons who developed symptoms.

Clinical Course and Molecular Viral Shedding Among Patients With SARS-CoV-2 Infection

That could be evidence that asymptomatic transmission is occurring at a rate that is certainly more than "very rare." Or it could be mean nothing and the study is an outlier.

What I take issue with is your term "very rare" that even the WHO backed away from. It is simply not accurate. The simple truth is we do not yet know how prevalent asymptomatic transmission is, but we do know that it is certainly possible. 36 million confirmed worldwide cases, a number that is certainly much higher as there are people who have had it and never got tested, is certainly a lot in a little under a year.

You can take issue with whatever you want but I am saying that exact thing. Literally saying there isn’t enough evidence to say asymptomatic transmission happens/is a problem. I responded to a post from someone saying it’s clear it’s a problem because the titans have 23 cases. But sure take issue with what I posted lol

I’ve talked about it plenty. Go back and read the posts if you’d like.

Isnt the incubation period up to 14 days? Do I really need to explain this to y’all? I mean there’s plenty of information you can just look up for yourself.
Now you backpedal? Come on. How did so many Titans test positive? In only see two ways... Either the virus can spread asymptomatically, or players with symptoms were still involved in team activates. Is there a third way? Please enlighten us since you're so confident champ.

The incubation period is 14 days??? What are you implying with that?

Now you backpedal? Come on. How did so many Titans test positive? In only see two ways... Either the virus can spread asymptomatically, or players with symptoms were still involved in team activates. Is there a third way? Please enlighten us since you're so confident champ.

The incubation period is 14 days??? What are you implying with that?

How am I backpedaling? 14 days from the first player positive would be this upcoming Monday. I mean even if you went back to Bowen’s test it would he this Saturday.

I mean seriously the team reported guys had symptoms. Is this really that hard to understand?

So stupid. Going to cost us a great season. Fuck these rules. The players are fine. The world has turned into pussies over a cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back