Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad he lived up to it. That should put him in a golden beam of light for about 5 minutes. Now he needs to build upon that positivity.

I looked for this story in the Tennessean, and below is what I found. (It wasn't on the Web site; only in the hard copy.)

Drill Team Thanks Group for Uniforms

The Metro Police Department's new drill and ceremony team thanked the 100 Club of Nashville Tuesday for purchasing $70,000 of special dress uniforms for the team.

The 100 Club of Nashville helps provide financially for the dependents of police officers and firefighters killed in the line of duty.

Metro Police Chief Ronal Serpas and members of the drill and ceremony team attended the 100 Club's annual board of trust meeting to thank the organization.

The meeting took place at the offices of Freeman-Webb Co. in MetroCenter, 555 Great Circle Road.

--Chelsea Hadaway

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
well, I'm glad he didn't put it off.;)
The ceremony wasn't his presenting a $50,000 check; it was the drill team showing up in their new uniforms that his donation helped buy. Obviously it takes a while to get them ordered, sewn, delivered, ceremony scheduled . . .

The devil that lives on my shoulder said... "guilt gift... yeah.. yeah.. post it!" but no... Even 330BP has a line he doesn't cross. If we wanted someone involved in a murder case, we would trade for Ray Lewis...

Ray Lewis or Pacman Jones ???

I never get tired of comparisons of those two.

good to see. maybe adam is inclined to show that he can be a good citizen. maybe he is tired of being looked at like the loot patrol by his own teammates and coaching staff. the kid has got some serious skillz, if he plays up to his talent this year our D could be something to behold, especially since we added Hope and Thornton.

Sunshine said:
he pledged this money the day he signed -- in August 2005.
Smart. Butter-up the cops early.....maybe they'll show some leniency down the road.

It's probably time for a new "donation".

:winker:

Sunshine said:
I looked for this story in the Tennessean, and below is what I found. (It wasn't on the Web site; only in the hard copy.)

Drill Team Thanks Group for Uniforms

The Metro Police Department's new drill and ceremony team thanked the 100 Club of Nashville Tuesday for purchasing $70,000 of special dress uniforms for the team.

The 100 Club of Nashville helps provide financially for the dependents of police officers and firefighters killed in the line of duty.

Metro Police Chief Ronal Serpas and members of the drill and ceremony team attended the 100 Club's annual board of trust meeting to thank the organization.

The meeting took place at the offices of Freeman-Webb Co. in MetroCenter, 555 Great Circle Road.

--Chelsea Hadaway

Doesn't surprise me. Nor does it surprise me that the linked story closed re-capping Jones trouble with the law- no comment about a turn or a good deed. Cheap parlor trick journalism for a negative spin.

FIGHT ON Pac-Man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back