Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fisher said the Titans plan to bring Jones along the same way they did Tank Williams, Peter Sirmon and Jacob Bell last year. They had ACL surgeries similar to Jones.

that worries me

Gunny said:
Fisher said the Titans plan to bring Jones along the same way they did Tank Williams, Peter Sirmon and Jacob Bell last year. They had ACL surgeries similar to Jones.

that worries me
Yeah, I read this (I think on Titans Radio) and I thought "yeah, that worked out so well for them". I know I'm not a coach or anything, but it seems to me that if pushed to fast the injury lasts longer. In other words, let the guy heal so he can come back and be effective as opposed to how things have gone for Tank, Sirmon & Calico. Would we be complaining (or on the verge of being cut) about their performance if they were healthy? I mean Sirmon alone went from being one of the (if not the) main guy on the defence and now he's been moved and may be cut / asked to renegotiate.

If he needs to sit a year on IR, then go for it. From what I can tell these injuries are just slow to come back from and coming back quickly doesn't do much except hurt a player's confidence, or they just end up playing poorly anyhow.

I really don't want to see Jones rushed back. Why do we need him? We've got a ton or WRs trying to make the roster anyway, give another one of them another year's chance. If we were expecting a playoff run, I'd understand, but I don't see it being likely.

GoTitans3801 said:
I really don't want to see Jones rushed back. Why do we need him? We've got a ton or WRs trying to make the roster anyway, give another one of them another year's chance. If we were expecting a playoff run, I'd understand, but I don't see it being likely.
I agree. The team has depth at WR. If all the talk pans out during the preseason, you have some options with Jones that they didn't with Tank, Sirmon and Calico.

Gunny said:

that worries me

It should. I wonder why Fish didn't add Calico's name in the mix. The plan they used for him was equally as wonderfull. IMO JOnes doesn't need to see live action this year at all. Wait until the knee is 100% which will not happen until very late this year if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back