Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's draft time 1998... You are the Indianaplois Colts...
Do you take Steve Young, Brett Farve, Jeff George, Warren Moon, Dan Marino, Drew Bledsoe or do you draft some nobody named Peyton Manning?

I take any of those except George and Bledsoe at the time. The issue isn't any more valid then than it is now. There is no such thing as a sure fire hall of famer. If you have a choice between a sure thing and an untested product, you take the sure thing every time.

Peyton is probably better than everyone on that list except maybe Marino (and arguably Steve Young). I see what you're saying, but that would be like trading the first overall pick for the top player in the game. The chances of you getting a better player with the pick is like 1%. No team would take those odds.

the fact that anyone in this place voted vince really does nothing to validate the intelligence of this board. i'm disappointed in myself for spending time here...
really guys. the kid has 1 good season of college under his belt and thats it. peyton might suck in the playoffs but that's just as much the coaches fault for letting him screw up the games.

Jwill1919 said:
the way I'm reading this, a lot of people would pick Ryan Leaf over Peyton as well, because of pure hatred.
You got me. I take Peyton and pray, pray, pray... There are many Indy players I'd love to see in Tennessee. I just don't like Peyton. RL can't play ball... Peyton can... I take Peyton there and hope for the best. The thing about Vince Young is that there is potential despite the possibility that he's about as quick as Forest Gump. (mentally & phisically) hahaha...

I just really don't like Peyton but at least we could win with him... to reinterate... RL has no chance of winning where as VY does given time to mature. I'd still rather win the "big game" over Manning than with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back