Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

i listened to this game on the radio...

If we win this game 17-16... I'm still in panic mode. The whole head coaching change was supposed to put us in a better spot in terms of not giving up 17 point leads against teams that only throw for 93 yards total.

I am willing to give this coaching staff more slack than past coaching staffs we've brought on... but if we are 0-5 in week 5, I say it's time blow this thing up and start new.

The goal is to win a championship, not be an 8-8 team. I don't like the trajectory and it's frustrating that so many other teams get players and coaches and have success immediately.

As a Titan and Bear fan, I'm not sure how I feel about the performances from Sunday's game. Some promising stuff but some stuff that has got to improve or it'll be a disappointing season. Which half of play was most representative of which team. Chalk it up to first game weirdness.

Absolutely hate games where the opponent didn't win because we did everything in our power to lose. Bears didn't win, we lost. This loss feels damn near like a playoff loss and reminiscent of the week 1 opener down in New Orleans last year. Had opportunity after opportunity to win and blew it, because the offense went stale 2 years in a row.

Yesterday I had the feeling this was going to get 33-6 type ugly for the Bears. Bears offense was completely out of sync, we jumped off to a fast start, and the Bears fans were booing and very annoyed with their team as they were getting so much praise during the offseason.

Speaking of Bears fans, I was at the game as I've made it a tradition to go to every Titans opener and they're some of the coolest and most welcoming fans I've been around. $80 got me all you can eat and drink, along with meeting and taking pictures with Jim Miller, Corey Wootton and Peanut Tillman. Might I add, some of the best BBQ I've ever had. Great experience pregame and during the first half. Awful experience second half and rest of the day. The loss feels 10 times worse when you're watching it in person on the road. Tried to leave a minute early but got caught in an absolute riptide as it felt like Solider Field has 1 exit. Just hearing them celebrate and party after the game ruined the whole experience.

What I saw yesterday was an offense that looked no different than what we saw last year. I know it's just the first game, but Levis doesn't look like a franchise QB, Ridley is the only player that can get open, OL still looks a mess, no creativity in getting the RB's out in space and non existence of a TE across the middle to help out Levis when the plays break down (which there were many yesterday). I'll chalk it up to it being week 1 and playing against a really solid defense on the road. Next week we'll get a better feel for the "new and improved" offense.

Cheers to hoping that the defense doesn't have to carry the team all season and that Levis nails his audition this year, because I'm tired of missing out on that long term, franchise QB.
I was physically sick at the end of the game. I said to myself at halftime that all we need to do is not give the game away and that's exactly what they did.

I wouldn't chalk it up to the 1st game. They looked like a bad team. This isn't likely going away until we add some draft talent.
It was a tale of two half’s, everybody was on cloud 9 at half time, offense looked great with pollard shinning. Second half boneheaded mistakes cost us, that’s it. My hope is that we see the first half team the rest of the season.

Latest posts

Back