Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

I work a few days PT stocking shelves to pick up a few extra bucks and I’ve I bumped into Jets coach Salas a few times at the Wholefoods in Madison which is 8min away from the Jets training facility in Florham Park. Seems like a cool dude.

We chatted about football and when I asked him how he Jets will be this year he actually said, “Oh, our D is going to destroy teams this year”. Maybe he felt comfortable talking to me but I was surprised about how frank he was.

I told him I was a big Titans fan and he said, “Titans have a good team, we play them week 2. It’s going to be a challenge.”

I texted this to Jared at 102.5 and he started reading my text on air then stopped and said. “This can’t be real. Not sure where this will go” and went onto the next texter which was odd. 🤔

I also have met and talked to our old friend Tim Kelly at Wholefoods too since he’s the OC for the Giants, he must live nearby as it’s an affluent area. Once I told Tim I was a Titans fan, he looked at me in horror and said “You probably hate me, wish we could’ve won more games.”

I felt bad and told him, “Hey, it’s not all your fault the players couldn’t execute the plays.” I should’ve told him, but your boy Vrabes kinda sucks 😀.

Kind of cool seeing and talking football with both of these guys in person.

I hope I’m wrong but I think the Jets are going to destroy Levis, I bet their D is way better than they showed week 1 against a very good 49ers team.

I work a few days PT stocking shelves to pick up a few extra bucks and I’ve I bumped into Jets coach Salas a few times at the Wholefoods in Madison which is 8min away from the Jets training facility in Florham Park. Seems like a cool dude.

We chatted about football and when I asked him how he Jets will be this year he actually said, “Oh, our D is going to destroy teams this year”. Maybe he felt comfortable talking to me but I was surprised about how frank he was.

I told him I was a big Titans fan and he said, “Titans have a good team, we play them week 2. It’s going to be a challenge.”

I texted this to Jared at 102.5 and he started reading my text on air then stopped and said. “This can’t be real. Not sure where this will go” and went onto the next texter which was odd. 🤔

I also have met and talked to our old friend Tim Kelly at Wholefoods too since he’s the OC for the Giants, he must live nearby as it’s an affluent area. Once I told Tim I was a Titans fan, he looked at me in horror and said “You probably hate me, wish we could’ve won more games.”

I felt bad and told him, “Hey, it’s not all your fault the players couldn’t execute the plays.” I should’ve told him, but your boy Vrabes kinda sucks 😀.

Kind of cool seeing and talking football with both of these guys in person.

I hope I’m wrong but I think the Jets are going to destroy Levis, I bet their D is way better than they showed week 1 against a very good 49ers team.
I’m worried about levis as well.

Titans need to stop breece hall, I think they’ll be ok on that side.
Offensively, they need to run it more. Go ahead and give spears some carries too (F any FF players). SF succeeded in running with 2nd/3rd string RB with CMC out.

I'd really like to see them get Spears more involved. Hopefully some screens to both him and Pollard. If the pass protection is as bad as it was Sunday, it will be another loss for sure. His pocket presence was poor but the pressure rate was like 47%. It's hard to expect much from the quarterback with that kind of pathetic protection. The receivers were not getting open either. I'm sure the rapidly collapsing pocket didn't help that any. No time for longer plays to develop.

Last edited:
I'd really like to see them get Spears more involved. Hopefully some screens to both him and Pollard. If the pass protection is as bad as it was Sunday, it will be another loss for sure. His pocket presence was poor but the pressure rate was like 47%. It's hard to expect much from the quarterback with that kind of pathetic protection. The receivers were not getting open either. I'm sure the rapidly collapsing pocket didn't help that any. No time for longer plays to develop.
I think the hard part for Cally is exactly what happened last week. In that 1st half Pollard was gashing the Bears. If he has the hot hand out of the gate, why pull him to keep a promise he said a few days earlier about sharing the load?

Latest posts

Back