Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
RollTide said:
I honestly don't know what you are talking about? Who accused bulluck of being a lame tackler?
I'm accusing him of missing multiple tackles a year with lame shoulder attempts. The same type of attempt you just blasted Pacman for. Are you saying you haven't noticed?

RollTide said:
Rolltide's grading scale:
A-Aikman-bettis-campbell-jason taylor--2nd level elite

B+-randall cunningham-phil simms-ricky watters-isaac bruce--near HOF..

You get the idea..

No I don't... No way Jason Taylor is HOF bound (according to your scale) and Isaac Bruce is only near.

Here's my grading scale:
A - Darren Woodson-Darrell Green-Brett Favre--2nd level elite

B+ - Aeneas Williams-Ken Anderson-Terrell Davis--near HOF..

NA - Too early to tell

95-Mcnair--B-

96-Eddie--B+

97-K holmes--D

98-K dyson--D

99-kearse--B

2000-k bulluck--B+

2002- haynesworth--C

2003-woolfolk--NA

2005-pacman--NA

2006-v young--NA

RollTide said:
Since dick butkis or lawrence taylor were not available i think bulluck was as good as we could have done with that pick. Note that the colts took rob morris a couple of picks before. They added marcus washington in rd 2 and he was just average.

All around there is no better OLB in the game than bulluck. He plays the run, is great in coverage and had 5 sacks last year.

You're right, but if we had picked Darren Howard, we coulda had a heckuva pass rush :)

But then experts thought Howard was too small to succeed (they also said that about Dwight Freeney almost 10 years later)...

One day, 53 will be recognized by his peers, and the "fans" who pick the Pro Bowl every year and the experts who select OLB to the All-Pro team cuz they did great in their last 4 games (Shawne Merriman??????!?!?!?) will eat their heart out...

Brian said:
I'm accusing him of missing multiple tackles a year with lame shoulder attempts. The same type of attempt you just blasted Pacman for. Are you saying you haven't noticed?

all players one time or another have lame tackle attempts. last year was a wash for everybody I say because the D was ALWAYS on the field. Since you're so versed in our game-by-game, play-by-play for all 16 games last year, you should know this...

Sledge said:
all players one time or another have lame tackle attempts. last year was a wash for everybody I say because the D was ALWAYS on the field. Since you're so versed in our game-by-game, play-by-play for all 16 games last year, you should know this...
Obviously, but Bulluck has done it on multiple occasions and I'm not the one who gave Pacman a D while singling out a missed takle.

Brian said:
Obviously, but Bulluck has done it on multiple occasions and I'm not the one who gave Pacman a D while singling out a missed takle.

Oh OK, so Keith Bulluck is overrated because of the occasional lame tackle attempt?

And FTR, I wasn't the one who graded Pacman a D

Sledge said:
Oh OK, so Keith Bulluck is overrated because of the occasional lame tackle attempt?
I never said that. I was asking for clarification from RollTide since he seems to have a double standard.

Feel free to re-read the thread, and thanks for jumping in.

Brian said:
I never said that. I was asking for clarification from RollTide since he seems to have a double standard.

Feel free to re-read the thread, and thanks for jumping in.

I saw your point, but you should've called out Travis LaBoy, not Bulluck LOL

RollTide, do you feel that emotional bs during the game effects Pacman's efforts? ie unsportmanlike conduct, jawing with officials and the like... even a reversal of fortune like was witnessed in that game against the faiders? First they take away his score and next thing you know the O is backed up and if that weren't bad enough McNair is McSaaaaaaappppp3d! Does Pacman climb the grading scale if he picks up a better case of amnesia? Or did that crap have nothing to to with that weak sauce db effort?

Gunny is on the true with the return game point.

bigtitan53279 said:
we already had one of the better pass rushes in the game at that point.

which is why I said we coulda had a heckuva pass rush. being solid at a specific position never stopped other teams from drafting that same position, look at the Giants this year. of course, since it wasn't a necessity then, as the Freak was taking over, the titans did not feel it was necessary to take howard.

so, do you see what i'm saying now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back