Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Second-year RB Damien Nash was not allowed to practice as training camp opened due to being overweight and out of shape. "I am going to hold him out of practice until I feel like he's gotten to the point where he's ready to be allowed to practice," Coach Jeff Fisher said. Fisher said Nash was "not even close" to his reporting weight. DT Albert Haynesworth reported to camp between 17 to 22 pounds from last season, when he played at 340 or 345. "I just came in at what I felt good at," Haynesworth said. "I played heavy last year. I liked it a little bit but it was a little harder on my knees so I'll try something different this year, weigh less and see how I perform."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Interesting:
"Free-agent rookie cornerback Keon Raymond" an interception machine... There's a real chance for cornerbacks to make the team this year.

Sandy released. We're looking for another young safety... I don't know about the prior Tampa safter Jahmile Addae, but I like the move to upgrade.

DT Albert Haynesworth reported to camp between 17 to 22 pounds from last season, when he played at 340 or 345. "I just came in at what I felt good at," Haynesworth said. "I played heavy last year. I liked it a little bit but it was a little harder on my knees so I'll try something different this year, weigh less and see how I perform."
Holy crap that's heavy. I wonder if it'll be easier on his dodgy elbow as well as his knees? Either way his conditioning must be miles better than last year.

Is this new Haynesworth influenced by KVB's example I wonder?

Nash is sure screwing up his chance of making the team. So out of shape they won't even let him practice!! Didn't someone notice this during the earlier workouts and tell him to straighten up

Nash could have had a great camp and still not made the team. At least he could have gotten picked up elsewhere. That appears unlikely now.

It looks like a waste of a fourth-round pick right now.

TitanJeff said:
Nash could have had a great camp and still not made the team. At least he could have gotten picked up elsewhere. That appears unlikely now.

Yeah, that's what's confusing. Even if he can't make the team here he'd want to show something to encourage another team to pick him up.

The Haynesworth news is really fantastic. He is an incredible talent, and he's still very young. I think he will dominate this year and make the pro bowl if he keeps this attitude and doesn't get hurt.

I always get excited about AH and every year he disappoints. But I'll hop on the band wagon one last time.

The loss of weight should add speed and reduce injuries. I just hope how ever he lost the weight he added strength and range of motion to help prevent injury

BlazingArrow#9 said:
I always get excited about AH and every year he disappoints. But I'll hop on the band wagon one last time.

The loss of weight should add speed and reduce injuries. I just hope how ever he lost the weight he added strength and range of motion to help prevent injury

AH disappointed you last yr? I must have slept through the season

Ewker said:
AH disappointed you last yr? I must have slept through the season

4-12 with little to no pass rush. If you take KVB out of the picture we had nothing. I do not want to start this argument again especially if he comes into camp healthy and gives us 16 games. I like they guy and always root for him he just has disappointed ME as a #1.

There is an older thread that I stated my issues with the guy. Mainly his lack of effort to stay healthy and the injuries IMO have always been due to lack of conditioning.

BlazingArrow#9 said:

I'm with you on that. I'd like to see him show up in shape mentally, then I'm sure I wouldn't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back