Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
So what exactly is going to happen with our RB situation? LenDale White has tons of potential, but the thing that scares me is his poor work ethic and horrible attitude. Also, he was running behind Reggie Bush. Chris Brown's contract is almost finished, and Henry is injury prone. I think we should try and trade Chris Brown for something, it stinks to lose a player for nothing. One thing is, we have great depth at RB this year. What do you guys think about our running back situation?

I don't get that from White at all.
As far as I can tell we are all thrilled to have him, thought he was an absolute steal in the draft and look forward to seeing him lined up behind Vince Young. I see that is your first post Crash Override. Welcome to the forum.

I'm more concerned with how Henry treats his injuries than the injuries themselves. Those medicinal "herbs" he uses might fly in California, but not in the NFL.

As for Brown, I'd love to keep him but we have to consider either a contract extension now or a trade in order to get something for the future. Letting him walk away in free agency at the end of the year is a bad idea.

Lendale is the man. I don't know what this "horrible attitude" is you speak of but I think your confusing him with Rolltide.

ZING!

Just kidding Roll.

I wouldn't say he's injury prone. I'm more worried about those positive tests. I really don't like all these people saying we should trade Brown. The only time I'd do that is about half way through the season right before the trade deadline, if another team has a back or two go down and needs someone desperately, and our running game has gotten off to a good start. Then we trade who we don't need.

White can do a lot to shut up the doubters if he comes to camp in shape. He's no where close right now and was challenged by Fisher to be ready by the end of July.

You can be he left town with a diet and workout.

I know he is talented and all, I know he'll be a great running back in this league, but for some reason he reminds me of Ricky Williams. He smokes too much weed.

Crash Override said:
I know he is talented and all, I know he'll be a great running back in this league, but for some reason he reminds me of Ricky Williams. He smokes too much weed.
Don't waste our time making such statements without proof.

Crash Override said:
He smokes too much weed.

Are you talking about Lendale? If so, cite your source.

As far as this “bad attitude” BS goes, if you watch the Rose Bowl nothing is mentioned about White's supposed character issues. IMHO this seems to have all cropped up after last season when White didn't participate in the NFL combine and ultimately failed to work out at his pro day (including the ultimate taboo of not being timed in the 40 yard dash). Only subsequently did he reveal the extent of his hamstring injury, but the "bad attitude/lazy" label had already been stuck on White, and to a certain degree the incompetent and lazy national media continues to run with it. From the limited amount I've seen of Lendale, he seems like a really bright, laid back guy off the field (and yes perhaps a bit of an oddball), but on the field history has shown he's a great team player and a big time producer.

I tell you what speaks volumes to me about Lendale...when the game was in the nitty-gritty during the NCAA Championship game, it was Lendale playing RB, not Bush.

As far as this yahoo claiming Lendale smokes too much weed. Either site your sources or take you poo to the TOMB.

I've already heard trade rumors with Brown. I used to be a huge fan, but I think he needs to go. Too accident prone. Get something for him while we can.

Everything I've seen from Lyndale has been pretty positive so far, that I've noticed. I think he could be one of the few good things we have on offense this season. He's a power runner which is what Fish likes. He seems to be motovated to do a good job and Chow really likes him too. Hey, I 'm will to give the kid a chance before I start ripping him. If he comes in and pulls the same crap that PacMan did last year, with the fitghts and all, then I'll procede to tear him a new one.

Give the kid a chance? Folks act like he was trouble a USC. Come on. Get a grip. He was anything but. He was the work horse for that team. When they needed a TD or the tough yards, he was in there. Bush got the press, but White was the horse.

There is no attitude problem with White. Chow has vouched for him, so have other USC teammates and coaches. Smokes too much weed? Where the hell you get that? Next. He was out of shape for the combine, because of a hamstring injury, and he didn't run the 40. So suddenly, he's got an attitude problem....:sad2:

Lendale White was THE steal of the 2006 draft...It's almost like the Titans got two first round picks. The bad press, the ( easy to come back from) injury, and some outright lies about him pushed him to a place to where Tennesse could get him.

Norm Chow says he knows and has complete faith in White. Since Chows own future in Tennessee is on the line, I don't think he would take such a chance with a kid he felt would be a "problem child"

Personally, I'm as excited about White's future with the Titans as I am with any player we have.

I've watched him in almost everyone of his college games. He's a different type of back than Reggie Bush...And a perfect fit for Tennessee's control the ball, move the chains, style offence.

The bottom line........Reggie Bush was considered the top running back in this draft, and I'm not taking away from Reggie, BUT.....

Reggie Bush: (Career Totals) 3,169 Yds. 25 TD 7.3 AVG
LenDale White: (Career Totals) 3,159 Yds. 52 TD 5.8 AVG

Not bad for a guy with no work ethic...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back