Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets all hope lendale turns out to be what we think he can be... but he IS still unproven... so why all the talk about trading Brown? he's the only back we've got that has done ANYTHING good for us. what has travis henry done other than prove he's a good backup and get himself one strike away from a 1 year suspension?
i didnt really want henry when we got him... i hope he proves me wrong but if we have to get rid of one of the three... why not him?
i think Bown is more determined than anyone to be a bad ***** this year... he's bigger ... and we all know he's real fast. last year he cut down on the injuries... i like the kid... dont trade him.

I would hope we could extend Brown's contract at a reasonable price but I believe Brown is going to try to put together another 1000 yard year and bag a good payday. Still, with the CAP room we have coming up if Brown's demands are not totally ridiculous I would love to see him and White stay together for a few years.

Soxcat said:
I would hope we could extend Brown's contract at a reasonable price but I believe Brown is going to try to put together another 1000 yard year and bag a good payday. Still, with the CAP room we have coming up if Brown's demands are not totally ridiculous I would love to see him and White stay together for a few years.
Let me ask you, with Browns past injury history, are you sure you would want to tie him down for 3-4 more years?

Brown did cut down on his injuries last year. He also cut down on his yards. Brown doesn't have the coaches confidence...why they were looking for and got a RB in the draft.

Though I don't think the Titans were looking RB in the draft, you have to think they know Brown will never be the workhorse they need at RB. Henry was supposed to compliment Brown but he too has proven to be unreliable.

Both have a lot to prove this season. Brown wants the big payday and Henry just wants another payday. If White begins to push for more playing time, it should get interesting since both Brown and Henry need carries.

fitantitans said:
Let me ask you, with Browns past injury history, are you sure you would want to tie him down for 3-4 more years?

Yes I would if the price was right. He is productive when he is on the field and he hasn't had an injury that would reduce his productivity long term.
Of course I wouldn't pay him pro-bowl money either. His injury history reduces his overall value.

wplatham said:
The bottom line........Reggie Bush was considered the top running back in this draft, and I'm not taking away from Reggie, BUT.....

Reggie Bush: (Career Totals) 3,169 Yds. 25 TD 7.3 AVG
LenDale White: (Career Totals) 3,159 Yds. 52 TD 5.8 AVG

Not bad for a guy with no work ethic...........

I'll take twenty-seven extra TDs over ten more yards anyday. I can't wait to start calling this guy "Mr. Touchdown".

You can call me "Mr. Touchdown" for the time being,:brow:

I kind of disagree. I think the Titans were looking for a RB in the draft. With all the rumors of how much they liked White but he wouldn't be there in the 2nd and maybe Addai would be, I think they were seriously looking for RB in round 2. I think the fact that Brown's breakout year he couldn't stay healthy and then he followed it up with a much more "healthy" year and took a major step backwards in production, speaks volumes to the coaches. I don't think you sink any money into Brown until he shows you something....health and production at the same time.

VolnTitan said:
Give the kid a chance? Folks act like he was trouble a USC. Come on. Get a grip. He was anything but. He was the work horse for that team. When they needed a TD or the tough yards, he was in there. Bush got the press, but White was the horse.

I got a game on DVD @ Arizona State (2004 or 2005). If anybody wants proof that White IS and WILL BE a go-to guy, gimme a shout...

Soxcat said:
Yes I would if the price was right. He is productive when he is on the field and he hasn't had an injury that would reduce his productivity long term.
Of course I wouldn't pay him pro-bowl money either. His injury history reduces his overall value.

For the talent that Brown has, he's a softy. He lacks the mean streak. This is the NFL, not junior high. All the top RBs in the league like to put their helmet down once in a while and take on defenders. Brown tries to figure-skate around defenders. It's all nice, but unless you're Eric Dickerson, that won't fly. We need a guy who'll take the ball and act as if he was holding his baby...

VolnTitan said:
I kind of disagree. I think the Titans were looking for a RB in the draft. With all the rumors of how much they liked White but he wouldn't be there in the 2nd and maybe Addai would be, I think they were seriously looking for RB in round 2. I think the fact that Brown's breakout year he couldn't stay healthy and then he followed it up with a much more "healthy" year and took a major step backwards in production, speaks volumes to the coaches. I don't think you sink any money into Brown until he shows you something....health and production at the same time.

If they were "seriously" looking for a RB in round two why didn't they take White with their original 2nd pick. Reese actually passed on White and only because he got lucky White was still there did he draft him later.

Think about what a bonehead Reese was. He passed on White AND Winston Justice by trading in the second round. If someone had taken White before we picked and we drafted Hester Reese would have won the moron of the draft award. Then after taking White Reese forgot he had already taken a RB and took another one. Brilliant.

Sledge said:
For the talent that Brown has, he's a softy. He lacks the mean streak. This is the NFL, not junior high. All the top RBs in the league like to put their helmet down once in a while and take on defenders. Brown tries to figure-skate around defenders. It's all nice, but unless you're Eric Dickerson, that won't fly. We need a guy who'll take the ball and act as if he was holding his baby...

This is the NFL. You are correct. So why is game film of White playing against Arizona State going to prove anything. Brown had more spectacular highlights than White in college. Brown ran for 198 yards and 6 scores in the big game against Nebraska that put Colorado in the big 12 championship game in 2001 (got that game on DVD?). Colorado then went on to crush Texas hopes of playing for the national championship in the big 12 game as Colorado beat Texas on Brown's 188 yards and 3 TDs (got the DVD on that one?).
White has not proven anything in the NFL and until I see him handle the full workload I'll reserve judgment. While you are in the mood for showing college highlights of White why not show us the one where USC had 4th and short late in the championship game and White got stopped cold. When that happens to Brown he is soft? Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing White but he played behind the best OL in college football. Gerald Riggs Jr. could have looked great behind the USC line. White still has alot to prove IMO and I hope he does show something.

VolnTitan said:
I kind of disagree. I think the Titans were looking for a RB in the draft.
If they were, then they have no faith that Nash would ever develop into a backup RB because the Titans usually keep four RBs on the final 53-man roster.

If the Titans decide to go Brown, Henry, White, Fleming only, is Nash even allowed to be on the practice squad after a full season on the active roster?

VolnTitan said:
Brown did cut down on his injuries last year. He also cut down on his yards. Brown doesn't have the coaches confidence...why they were looking for and got a RB in the draft.

True...however, Brown only had 36 fewer combined yards in 2005 v 2004. He improved his pass-catching ability out of the backfield.

2004 - 1067 rushing 6 TDs, 40 1st downs, 147 passing, 6 1st downs (20 for 7.4 avg, 0 TDs)

2005 - 851 rushing 5 TDs, 37 1st downs, 327 passing, 14 1st downs (25 for 13.1 avg, 2 TDs)

So in 2005, though fewer yards in more games, he was more productive in 1st downs and touchdowns, and showed he could last a bit longer. Not to mention, he is setting himself up to be the better change-up option over Henry, since he's developing those catching abilities out of the backfield. I think he's going to have a very nice season this year if he can continue to improve his strength and technique.

Soxcat said:
Brown ran for 198 yards and 6 scores in the big game against Nebraska that put Colorado in the big 12 championship game in 2001 (got that game on DVD?). Colorado then went on to crush Texas hopes of playing for the national championship in the big 12 game as Colorado beat Texas on Brown's 188 yards and 3 TDs (got the DVD on that one?).
didnt brown bruise his sternum in one of those games?

GLinks said:
No. Well, depends on how many games he was active for. Isn't it around eight?
Nash was on the 53-man roster the entire season. I believe you can't put him on the practice squad now.

If this is the case, the Titans have to carry five RBs on the final 53-man roster or release him.

GLinks said:
True...however, Brown only had 36 fewer combined yards in 2005 v 2004. He improved his pass-catching ability out of the backfield.

2004 - 1067 rushing 6 TDs, 40 1st downs, 147 passing, 6 1st downs (20 for 7.4 avg, 0 TDs)

2005 - 851 rushing 5 TDs, 37 1st downs, 327 passing, 14 1st downs (25 for 13.1 avg, 2 TDs)

So in 2005, though fewer yards in more games, he was more productive in 1st downs and touchdowns, and showed he could last a bit longer. Not to mention, he is setting himself up to be the better change-up option over Henry, since he's developing those catching abilities out of the backfield. I think he's going to have a very nice season this year if he can continue to improve his strength and technique.

I agree. Even if Brown was limited in his carries to where he only ran for about 800 yards for the season on about 200 carries or less, he could still put up well over 400 yards receiving if they would use him appropriately. That is decent productivity. With a guy like White putting up another 800 yards on 200 carries we have a great tandem. Especially if White can get the tough short yardage first downs and TDs. If the OL can improve over their dismal showing from last year Brown could easily run for another 1000 yards and still get 400 yards receiving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back