Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
TitanJeff said:
Nash was on the 53-man roster the entire season. I believe you can't put him on the practice squad now.

If this is the case, the Titans have to carry five RBs on the final 53-man roster or release him.

If White does like everyone thinks he will you have to release Nash or Payton

If White? No way they are going release White even if he stinks up the place this year so it is already a given that Nash and Payton are about good as gone IMO unless there is a trade or something involving Brown or Henry. White has the most job security of all the backs right now as far as staying in Nashville. One guy who could be on the hot seat if he doesn't have a very good pre-season is Flemming.

I've forgotten since last year, but isn't there an early cut before the final cut? And when is the 53 man cut? Right at the end of preseason? Day before the season opener?

Sorry, I have trouble remembering the exact timing of some of this stuff from year-to-year. It's definitely going to be interesting to see who sticks around at WR, RB, and LB. I really wish Moses would make the team, but it's a heck of a longshot.

My $0.02:

By lucking into White in the 2nd round, and having Henry around, the Titans are now free to run Brown until he drops......and they will.

Soxcat said:
This is the NFL. You are correct. So why is game film of White playing against Arizona State going to prove anything. Brown had more spectacular highlights than White in college. Brown ran for 198 yards and 6 scores in the big game against Nebraska that put Colorado in the big 12 championship game in 2001 (got that game on DVD?).
Yes I do in fact, want it? Also, to me, Brown hasn't proven squat in the NFL. He hasn't proven any toughness whatsoever, no mean streak, nothing.

Soxcat said:
Colorado then went on to crush Texas hopes of playing for the national championship in the big 12 game as Colorado beat Texas on Brown's 188 yards and 3 TDs (got the DVD on that one?).

I do. So if he was such as stud, why was he picked in the 3rd round?

Soxcat said:
White has not proven anything in the NFL and until I see him handle the full workload I'll reserve judgment. While you are in the mood for showing college highlights of White why not show us the one where USC had 4th and short late in the championship game and White got stopped cold. When that happens to Brown he is soft?

Man aren't we on a quest to drop negativity on White. What is it with guys like you? Jesus, why don't you switch teams while you're at it? And for the record, that was a rare occasion White got stopped. Brown gets stuffed ALL the time, and don't try to tell me the opposite.

Soxcat said:
Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing White but he played behind the best OL in college football. Gerald Riggs Jr. could have looked great behind the USC line. White still has alot to prove IMO and I hope he does show something.

That is such a poor argument. So, Larry Johnson would be an 800-yard back here? Please... Oh, and BTW, I got you wrong. Try again

Sorry. I like White, but if you think he had a better game or close to the game that Young did, you need a new TV. Young was head and shoulders the best player on that field that night.

Since you're going to insult my TV..........

White looked better than Leinart, Young, or Bush IN THE FIRST HALF

There. Now leave my TV alone...........:))

Soxcat...You mention that Brown showed up in big games, etc. But did Brown have to split carries with Reggie Bush? Or any other RB for that matter. I don't believe he did. White on the other hand did split carries. Makes a big difference when you get 25-30+ carries compared to the 15-20 that White had. Brown had more opportunities to have big yardage games. Something that White did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back