Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

archived

Prospect
LEGEND
Moola
SUMMARY: Despite the rumors of a trade to the Baltimore Ravens, Tennessee Titans GM Floyd Reese still feels it's possible a deal can be worked out where QB Steve McNair can remain with his team. But fundamental demands such as McNair and Cook’s stance of not taking a pay cut from his $9 million base and the quarterback’s desire to have guaranteed money and playing time beyond 2006 are still at issue. “I think if you asked Steve what his preference would be, he’d say it would be to be here, and I think our preference would be to have him here,” Reese said. “I’m not saying it’s anyone’s fault, but, you get all that other stuff involved, and you don’t know what will happen.” Both sides have been quiet as arbiter John Feerick plans to rule on McNair's grievance by June 1.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

Git%20R%20Done%20Bumper.jpg

StarKiller if we were to do a 4 yr contract with 12m signing bonus and 1.1m per yr salary how much difference would that make in cap room for this year. I think with something like this and getting some of the vets to restructure to keep Steve we might have room this year and the cap goes up significantly in 2007. I hope we can find a way to get this done if so we may be much better than anyone thinks this year. Its also possible that this is just Reese trying to get an offer or better offer from Baltimore.

i think its more an issue of playing time and hurt feelings more than anything right now. everybody would love to have mcnair back but he wants to play... excuse me... start for the next 3+ years... that aint gonna happen in tennessee anymore. the only way i could see him stay is a two year deal... with an option to be traded before the second year if vince is gonna start.

still wouldnt happen because bud hurt steves feelings.. been hurtin for a while letting eddie and mason go

fltitan said:
StarKiller if we were to do a 4 yr contract with 12m signing bonus and 1.1m per yr salary how much difference would that make in cap room for this year.
In theory, it would save us tons of room (around $14M). But it's not going to happen.

As much as I would like Big Mac back as I see as him to be the best option to winning (and my sentimental favorite)...I Reeses comments a high stakes game of chicken. What does he have to lose by saying it? I hope I am wrong and movement does actually happen as a result...and eventually McNair re-signs with TN, but with the contract the Billick team has thrown out in B-more, I don't know how it will happen...

TitanJeff said:
Possible? Maybe. Like it's possible to be struck by lightning.

Yeah. This is nothing more than a PR ploy, so when he finally is traded/released, Floyd can say "we tried til the very end to get him to stay, but we just couldnt work it out."

only way mcnair comes back is with a pay cut. won't happen, whatever whoever says he wants it to work out. plain and simple, work out a trade or cut him, let's get rid of this hassle and move on...

I did not think anyone would get my "HOPE" comment.

More like we picked up some Hope not Chris Hope. Play on words but less funny now if that is possible.

SEC 330 BIPOLAR said:
because he misses Tank. DuH. :lol:

Game one of last season comes to mind .... and the announcers actually replaying Tank being roled over by Willy Parker over, and over, and over again.

I am just saying that I have Hope that we resign McNair and I will keep it until he is gone.

GoT has the best Tank story.
BlazingArrow#9 said:
I am just saying that I have Hope that we resign McNair and I will keep it until he is gone.
We'll know in week. We need to get you on the first plane to reality right away. mcMVP is as good as gone... this is what is possible and what
"will not happen" :irked:
do a 4 yr contract with 12m signing bonus and 1.1m per yr salary. I think with something like this and getting some of the vets to restructure to keep Steve we might have room this year and the cap goes up significantly in 2007. I hope we can find a way to get this done if so we may be much better than anyone thinks this year. Its also possible that this is just Reese trying to get an offer or better offer from Baltimore.
I LOVE THIS IDEA AND REESE CAN KISS MY BUTT IF HE ISN'T OFFERING!!!
THIS IS THE KIND OF OFFER/DEAL I'd like to see happen!!!:boom:

:sleepy:

That's why I've been coming off as a hater... it's time to turn the page.

what comes after #9? #10 baby, #10
-SEC 330 BIPOLAR

I have calculated the probability of McNair remaining with the Titans.
They are the same as a group of 10 monkeys randomly banging on type writer keys and reproducing the complete works of William Shakespeare without an error. Reese is right, it is still possible McNair stays but not probable.

Just out of curiosity, what would happen if the arbitrator favours McNair? What does McNair get out of winning this ruling? Money? Release? Trade? On the same line, what would happen if the Titans win the ruling? I'm confused as to what this whole process is leading to...

Thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back